Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Really hope this is right as I'm looking at buying a new prado this year, if the new Altitude get released in March then I will definitely hold out until Oct.

Really hope they trick up the 2.8 a little, they are slightly behind the competition

Just looking at the specs and road test figures does show the 2.8 is a bit down on some other options. However I have found my 2.8 fine for performance for this type of car and is improving all the time (only on 10k). I think that if performance is a very high priority then the better options are the V6 (with higher fuel usage) or the LC200 (with higher purchase costs). I have only wanted for extra performance about 1% of the time.

anyone know what the new prado will look like??
    not sure if i should pull the trigger this weekend or wait

BTW anyone know what happened to the forum where everyone posted prices they bought their prado for?

Looks like an Altitude version is likely soon but nothing hinting at a new body that I have seen. My gut feel is that it will be another 2-3 years before a major update (but could be very wrong of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Desirable4Driving (D4D) View Post
    Altitude info is from dealers as there will be a 200 altitude as well, 600 Prado's only avaliable. And new model info from Toyota (subject to change).
    Which dealer and what info. Zero info on the net apart from some spam sites. Has anyone got any evidence that the altitude in the 150 is fact. The closest info received was that a kluger model will be before the new version comes out. Thanks in advance.

Make a call to your local dealer mate to confirm. Stock will be scarce. Similar spec to last Altitude (no tailgate spare wheel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamera View Post
    Which dealer and what info. Zero info on the net apart from some spam sites. Has anyone got any evidence that the altitude in the 150 is fact. The closest info received was that a kluger model will be before the new version comes out. Thanks in advance.

Here's the heads up.

1200 units. Currently being manufactured for feb release date. Good list of options. It will look like a hybrid Kakadu front with VX wheels and then the standard list of upgrades that have come in previous models. Roof / sound / head rest player / chrome side stripe similar to the 200
    Series /wheel under and whatever range of colours they listed. I may have forgotten something but that's about it. No brainer really with those options.

As for a new prado dealers all believe it's a few years off. Only new car update is the Kluger arriving soon.
    Last edited by Panamera; 15-01-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Good Info. Sounds like it will be good value if they keep it at 68-70k. I have phoned a few dealers too to get more info on a new model Prado but they all say the same thing which is "we are the last to find out and we haven't heard anything yet" so the info i got either is a really good and a slip of the tongue from Toyota Australia or the person has got false info. Either way it can't be too far away because the 150 is 8 years old at the end of this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamera View Post
    Here's the heads up.

1200 units. Currently being manufactured for feb release date. Good list of options. It will look like a hybrid Kakadu front with VX wheels and then the standard list of upgrades that have come in previous models. Roof / sound / head rest player / chrome side stripe similar to the 200
    Series /wheel under and whatever range of colours they listed. I may have forgotten something but that's about it. No brainer really with those options.

As for a new prado dealers all believe it's a few years off. Only new car update is the Kluger arriving soon.

Any idea on price ? Looking at GXL on lease however if this is comming out I will wait without having to spend the extra on a VX.

Now thing yet. Still waiting. With the previous ones it's been a few grand difference for what seems to be a VX with a few Kakadu goodies at a little above gxl prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12