Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well it's decision time,

Spoke with Dobinsons Dandy, they do a kit to suit 2" lift front coils and shock, Rear airbadmam ( Dunlop bags ) and rear shocks
    ( Shocks are Remote res. mono tube ) about $2500

ARB dealer much the same but there shock are OME. And kit cost roughly $2700 if I want BP51 +$2000

Just need to wait for Wolf 4x4 to come online for 2017 and I can get them to Price an icon setup

Will also contact CalOffroad when they return for 2017 would consider if I can buy off a local installer ( Vic ) after reading a few horror stories off this site I'd want point of purchase within reach
    Last edited by Phs; 09-01-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Loveeeee my Dobo's MRR's

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

That is good feedback,

Anyone know what open length shock measurement is for a 2" lift on a Kakadu ?
    Given they have the automatic swaybar disconnect I'm assuming they would need longer travel than a shock suited for a GXL
    Really want to increase clearance height but also maximise the wheel travel

Measurements are in the suspension database
    http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...nsion-Database

Be cautious of 3" lift kits as in many states this will void your insurance cover in the case of an accident if an additional road worthiness certificate is not sourced. I was told this by my insurance company and many posts on this site support this view. The insurance companies and police regs will tell you that the vehicle height cannot be increased by more than 50MM = 2" without an additional road worthiness certificate. This height is calculated from the original roof height from the ground so this also includes any bigger tyres you may have fitted. On these laws, most 4x4's I see on WA roads are non-compliant which is course doesn't matter until you make an insurance claim. I checked this out with insurers and police and websites prior to insuring my 4x4 and made sure all these details were listed on the policy.

Cheers.

David

Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    Measurements are in the suspension database
    http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...nsion-Database

Data base is great
    But It does not have the Kakadu shock nor the OME bp51
    The Kakadu rear shock part no is 4853069535
    Last edited by Phs; 12-01-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123