Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lurker

3" Kakadu lift kit

Ive been reading for hours and struggle to find any clear answers about lift kits on here. its all an overload of specs and heights.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a 3" setup for the Kakadu,

Ive looked at CAL OFFroad, they do the 2" lifted Airbags Also for Kakadu
    Dobinson MMR
    Profender through Superior Engineering
    Airbag Man Lifted 2" Airbags for Kakadu

I am assuming any front setup can be used, aswell as any rear shock?

I don't think anyone does a 3" lift, as 2" suspension lift is the highest you can legally go in most (all?) states. To get 3", combine 1" taller tyres and 2" suspension left.
    2016 Crystal Pearl Auto VX 2.8, TJM Bar, Safari Snorkel, Cooper AT/3, OME 50mm lift, Dual batts

3' kits are available. from the suppliers mentioned.

No idea how you would go with a Kakadu.

Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat been through a lot of threads and no much on users with Kakadus and lift any one that has one please post up
    I am not too fussed about losing the shock sports to comfort setting, but definetly want to retain the rear height and KDSS
    2" lift is fine, at an educated guess 3" will need a diff drop and probably not needed for a tough tourer

Thanks in advance
    Phil

I have had an excellent 2" lift on my 2016 Prado Kakadu supplied by Call Offroad. Bilstein shocks, Platinum springs and airbag man rear airbags. It is KVSS compliant and you retain an additional 50mm lift on the rear airbags. The normal height after the lift kit is fitted will be the same as the high setting on the airbags for the Kakadu but from front to back. There is an adjustment so you can reduce the height if you have garage height issues. I have found this kit produces a much more stable ride and far less bouncing during higher speed hill climbs etc.

Can provide more info if requested.

David.

^ great feedback mate thanks, did you go the diff drop

after reading a lot of horror stories on here with lifting Kdss I was starting to get worried about even attempting to lift. But it sounds like you had a win
    Idea on rough supply costs ?

And I guess I need to start looking for a good installer in Melbourne

Spoke with superior engineering today they have a kit to suit KDSS and Kakadu rear ended
    Profender / airbag man combo. Remote res shocks adjustable ect. Full kit 3400 supply only
    Also still retain the factory rear adjustment.

They have had great success and good feedback on the kit also mentioned the KDSS re adjustment is easy to do but will need to be done there recommended an installer local to me in Melbourne so happy so far

Emailed caloffroad last week still no reply after they do I'll post up

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Spoke with superior engineering today they have a kit to suit KDSS and Kakadu rear ended
    Profender / airbag man combo. Remote res shocks adjustable ect. Full kit 3400 supply only
    Also still retain the factory rear adjustment.

They have had great success and good feedback on the kit also mentioned the KDSS re adjustment is easy to do but will need to be done there recommended an installer local to me in Melbourne so happy so far

Emailed caloffroad last week still no reply after they do I'll post up
    Don't hold your breath waiting for Cal Offroad. I tried for 3 weeks to call and email them which was around 3-4 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them.
    2016 GRAPHITE GXL TD 2.8, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, 285/65/18, Outback Solutions Drawers, Safari Snorkel, Hayman Reese HD Towbar, Firestone Coilrite Airbags, Bilstein & Dobinson lift, AMTS rear wheel spacer, Redarc Tow Pro Elite, Rhino Pioneer Platform (2128x1236mm) with more to come.

Hey all,

Please be aware that CalOffroad can be difficult to deal with;

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...ith-CalOffroad

Have a yak with Fulcrum, they were sorting out KDSS issues before the bigger players.

Best

Mark
    2006 GXL petrol auto. ARB deluxe bar x3 HID IPF's, ARB alloy roofrack, ARB awning, BFG A/T, Safari snorkel, Piranha breathers, Pacemaker extractors, Bilstein D563-M2 433-570mm with H&R 675lb/in, Ironman 45682FE 383-618mm with Dobinsons 487, Polyair airbags, 30mm extended Roadsafe links, AMTS bashplate and recovery points, ABR Flyer with Powersonic AGM.

^ thanks for the heads up, yeah if can't get ahold of them to buy something I'd hate to try when your gear is not working.
    Might just give them a miss

Any other options guys ?

So far superior engineering were very professional in giving me a discriptopn of the kit and seems to be the winner so far

Hey Phs,

Give Fulcrum R&D a call, they have been working on KDSS vehicles for some time. Call (07) 38929000, ask for Kirk. Fulcrum will have a more long term reliable Bilstein/King coils option for you. Superior shocks have a leaky history.

If you're at all concerned about LH/RH coil selection free height for the KDSS, call Steve Dorman at King Springs, (07) 55396700.

Best

Mark
    2006 GXL petrol auto. ARB deluxe bar x3 HID IPF's, ARB alloy roofrack, ARB awning, BFG A/T, Safari snorkel, Piranha breathers, Pacemaker extractors, Bilstein D563-M2 433-570mm with H&R 675lb/in, Ironman 45682FE 383-618mm with Dobinsons 487, Polyair airbags, 30mm extended Roadsafe links, AMTS bashplate and recovery points, ABR Flyer with Powersonic AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by brock05 View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting for Cal Offroad. I tried for 3 weeks to call and email them which was around 3-4 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them.
    Am having the same experience, will try someone else now, have run out of patience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast