Running the calendar photo competition for a few years now has been great with some amazing images being entered. Generally calendar orders have been very low with even a fair percentage of financial members not ordering.
The original concept of running the competition towards the end of the year was to allow images from the years travel to be entered and to quickly send it to production and for delivery in the first couple of weeks of January. This has proved to be an issue both from a production point of view as printers take annual leave and in chasing up high resolution images to include after announcing the winners.
Last years calendar was quite late - for which I take responsibility. As an apology for those that did order I included a free PradoPoint stubby holder.
In light of the issues above, I'm announcing a new format for the calendar.
PradoPoint 2016/2017 Calendar
- the calendar will run for the financial year (1 July to 30 June)
- photos from the previous Christmas and Easter holidays can be included at a time when people are not on leave themselves
- the ordering window will be from the start of the competition up until early June giving members enough time to order
- will run over a period of months (April - May) giving members a fair chance to enter
- different categories will be opened at different dates (hopefully providing some interest across all categories)
- in addition to the existing winning prizes, winning images will be featured on PradoPoint (each for one month)
- the 2015 calendar ran to the end of February
- each annual membership entitles you to one free calendar (the next one that goes to print after you register)
- if you joined between February and May 2015 your membership will be due for renewal before you receive your first calendar - please contact me.
I hope that for the reasons mentioned above new format seems reasonable.
Start organising your photos, the competition will start soon.
As a side note, we are currently speaking with a very well known 4WD industry member about further rewards, prizes and incentives for our members. More on that as it comes to light.
Thanks for being part of this great community,