No announcement yet.

Manual Mapper Project for Toyota Diesel Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ozbush, read my reply to Floatingkiwi above ???
    Cheers Alan.

Comment

Hi Gents,

Before I even got to the advertising. The word got around and many people requested Manual Mapper and I ended up sending almost 20 Manual Mappers for Toyota 1KD-FTV engines.
      It is proved beyond doubt the Manual Mapper works for Toyota 1KD-FTV engines.

Let me remind you that Manual Mapper is primarily designed for fuel trimmer and of course it has subsidiary function of disabling the EGR system for off-road and racing for maximum performance and engine longevity.

Many people concerned about blocking the EGR fully because it will disable turbo wastegate.
      Let me clearly tell you that EGR valve is NOT used for wastegate for turbo charger.

Diesel engine is air pumping device and does not have throttle flap like petrol engines. Some small diesel turbo charged engine do have wastegate for maximum RPM governor. But not the Toyota 1KD-FTV engines.

All it takes to dissipate the over-boost is to turn crank shaft 1 or 2 times to discharge the over boost through the cylinder.
      Your 4 cylinders are wastegate for over-boost in diesel engine.

I have done EGR blocks on many other brands of turbo charged engines and never had overboost problems. In fact, never heard of such concerns.
      I do not wish to upset you guys who worries about wastegate in diesel engines but I thought you should know the facts.

I finally managed procure the proper connectors for EGR position sensors for 1KD-FTV engine.
      You can now connect the manual mapper in fully plug and play system.

Cheers
      Ozbush
      Ozbush
      Last edited by Ozbush; 23-11-2015, 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Dabeanian View Post
        Hi Ozbush, read my reply to Floatingkiwi above ???
        Cheers Alan.
        Yes I did,
        Thank you.
        I will see if I can find the connectors for MAP (turbo boost sensor) plug.
        Then I can send you one to try. I know it works but just got to find the connections.

Comment

Hey ozbush,

I other question sir, the full blank is what stops the egr flow! Which codes does the mapper stop from coming up?
          Is it only pre - determined codes? Or does it just stop engine light?

Those that are using the mapper can you post up your results regarding fuel economy on lean side & power on rich side.

Comment

i ran over & back to Pt Vincent over the last few days with the manual mapper all connected again running on 0
            no codes this time

on deceleration i am still seeing 1-2 psi of boost

the multi function display said i had a total distance of 1315km and i am now up to 1395km
            this is towing a 1T camper with a roof rack on the prado

mine has the full blank (no mapper it takes around 60 to 80km to show a P0400 code )

and my car is a 6 speed
            2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

Comment

Hi,
              Manual Mapper has many functions built in and one of the function is to emulate EGR condition if you wish to block the EGR system for engine longevity and a bit more power. The manual mapper can simulate the condition required by car computer to say all EGR functions are fine.

The most common error code comes up when you block the EGR system is "P0401 Insufficient EGR gas flow". This error message doesn't put your car into limp mode but it disables the cruise control. Toyota owners are lucky but other cars will go into limp mode when you disable the EGR system.

Toyota car computer will tolerate up to 20% of EGR gas abnormality. It means it will accept 20% of over flow or 20% less gas flow.
              All these conditions are measured by MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor at the air cleaner box.

I had measurement done with manually operated lever valve on EGR pipe to see the percentage of reduction of the EGR gas before car computer will hit the error code. It was 20% of the gas velocity (not quantity).

That is why 7mm hole in the blanking plate will satisfy the tolerance condition to car computer. Toyota car computer will not trigger the error code up to that velocity of the gas flow measured by MAF sensor (20%).

However, it will still let 80% of the EGR gas flow into the inlet manifold. Therefore, it will still clog up the inlet system eventually.
              I have seen many people done partial block but it still clogged up with the muddy soot cake at the end.

Mapper will dance with car computer, when the car computer opens EGR valve then check to see the value of MAF sensor to calculate the EGR gas flow then readjust the EGR valve position until they get satisfied value of the EGR gas flow. It is different to every RPM and cruising and decelerating condition. Mapper will satisfy the car computer by keep throwing the right simulated value to the car computer.
              So the car computer thinks all is okay.

You must know, the EGR system is fully activated and working 90% of the time. As long as engine is running EGR valve is open and letting the EGR gas and soot into inlet manifold 90% of time.
              This can easily be seen with people who installed the in cabin manual mapper where they can see the EGR activity light. Which the green light is turning into red when EGR valve is opened. It is on red most of time.

Another feature of the manual mapper has MAF sensor signal smoother. The normal MAF sensor output is very rough and Jagger with many spikes to confuse the car computer and mapper will take out all the spike and rough edge of the MAF output signal to computer which makes car operation a very smooth one. With mapper you will find car runs incredibly smoother.
              It is not immediately noticeable with 1KD-FTV engines but theoretically, it does make car engine run smoother. Many people noticed in other brand of cars with mapper.

Fuel trimming is main function of the mapper. Instead of directly intervening with critical fuel delivery system, Mapper does it indirectly, by telling the car computer with airflow condition more or less.
              It is the most safest way to control diesel fuel system than tapping on the critical fuel system.

You only need to control pus or minus around 10% of fuel system. Why would you need more than that? Many people reported seen black smoke coming out when they dialed mapper +15%. So you don't even need +15%, just +10% will do it if you need more power.

Otherwise you are jeopardizing engine longevity.
              In my book, the diesel engine is all about longevity and stable workhorse with less fuel cost.
              Love the low end torque.

Cheers

Ozbush
              Ozbush
              Last edited by Ozbush; 23-11-2015, 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

ENWITENMENT ,ENWITENMENT !!!, He He.
                Still waiting for some input from all the knowledgable 1kz owners out there .
                Cheers Alan.

Comment

So are these available to buy yet?
                  2016 1GD GXL 6 speed auto, ARB colour coded summit bar, LED driving lights, duel batteries, BF Goodrich tyres, window tint.

Comment

Have I read that post before? I feel like I have.

Yes we know egr is in operation 95%+ of the time some open usually at least 20%.
                    This is the problem. This is why we are addressing it

Sorry i have to say your statement re: 7mm plate are incorrect. Can't have people given incorrect info.
                    With the 7mm plate does not let 80% through or anything near it.

In fact it reduces overall by over 95%. So maybe 5% getting through
                    This has been measured by maf increases at combined running speeds & loads, also strip & clean comparisons, on 1kd-ftv nothing else.
                    No there is not enough coming through to clog anything. It's really sweet as. The vehicles can handle the very small amount.
                    This situation has been monitored on multiple vehicles & by a few people who have confirmed how well it actually works.

The bonus is, when you take your foot off the accelerator, even in neutral you can hear the whistle of turbo pressure going backwards through the hole.
                    If you look at the scan tool, you will see the 100% egr position for a second to help dump.
                    Don't be confused, I'm not saying the turbo needs it, I'm saying I know it flows backwards & was designed to do so.

Now to the part which is related to my question, " mapper will satisfy the car computer by throwing the right simulated value to the car computer. so the car computer think that all is okay."
                    So is it sending a false egr position? Or what other parameters?
                    Just trying to get an idea it's safe & other fault codes will be present if they are real.

Comment

Hi,

I measure how car computer handles EGR system a bit differently.
                      There is a difference between velocity and quantity in aerodynamics.

It is a relationship just like in electronics that voltage is the potential (velocity) and quantity as amperage.
                      I clearly said air velocity not the air quantity. I said it because someone who don't understand aerodynamics will make query on that.

To make the long story short, I measure the MAF sensor output in this way.
                      When the car computer wants to enable EGR system under certain condition it will always go into diagnostic phase by fully opening the EGR valve.

So when you foot off the pedal then car computer will go into a diagnostic phase by fully opening the EGR valve then reads the MAF output, car computer take note of that value which is very high then it will reduce valve position until the 10-15% of MAF output reduction (depending on the condition such as intake temp or speed of the car and RPM).

In this process it will tolerate up to 20% of error. Therefore it will allow maximum around 35% of flexible MAF output reduction but it will also read the EGR position sensor to know whether it is reaching the physical range of the valve limits. when they can't reduce MAF signal with EGR valve then it will put up P0402 error (too much) and it will put P0401 error code (not enough) when they cannot see the reduction.

MAF sensor is measuring the velocity of the passing air, not the quantity, just like reading the voltage not the current but it is relevant to air quantity. With MAF sensor air inlet hole size and air velocity reading, they can calculate air quantity hence it called MASS Air FLOW sensor.
                      However, the old vane type air flow sensor was slow but truly the air quantity sensor.

The 7 mm hole relationship with true air quantity is not known for me because I never measured with 7 mm hole. I used to test lever type valve on EGR pipe while measuring the MAF output.

Looking on many different brands of the diesel engines and the periodic maintenance done by my mechanic friend who is excellent data collector, it is 60-70,000 km for the inlet manifold cleaning with full EGR system working and with partial block such as 7 mm hole it will be extended to over 100-120,000 km before the clogging reaches same thickness.

However, he worries more about the EGR cooler leak unless you block the EGR shut and also block the EGR cooler hose to stop leaking. He says EGR cooler is made of copper and aluminum it will leak one day. This was my motive to include EGR emulation software in the mapper.

To conclude, I don't know the air quantity going through the 7mm hole, there probably is a different aerodynamic is at work.

The Manual Mapper is all about manipulating the MAF sensor output in many different condition required by car computer.

I wrote quite a few EGR control software for the car computer before I retired so I do know few things about how and what the EGR system is.

I can talk about all night about car computer control system but I will make short here because I have no intention of arguing with anyone.
                      I will respect whatever the views and knowledge one holds.

I will not talk about this again unless face to face with someone with a beer or two and sausages are sizzling.

Cheers
                      Ozbush

Comment

Originally posted by azzss View Post
                        So are these available to buy yet?
                        Goto http://ozbushelectronics.com.au/

Thanks

Comment

Would love some input on the manual mapper for the 90series 3.4 V6 thread you started... Please?

Comment

Originally posted by RanJ View Post
                            Would love some input on the manual mapper for the 90series 3.4 V6 thread you started... Please?
                            Hi
                            Check out on this Youtube clip.
                            He is running my old prototype mapper for quite sometime on his Prado 90.
                            I am about to give him a brand new one.

"Fuel savings with MAF sensor adjuster module"
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZuSKqvvqM

Ozbush

Comment

Originally posted by Ozbush View Post
                              Hi,

I measure how car computer handles EGR system a bit differently.
                              There is a difference between velocity and quantity in aerodynamics.

It is a relationship just like in electronics that voltage is the potential (velocity) and quantity as amperage.
                              I clearly said air velocity not the air quantity. I said it because someone who don't understand aerodynamics will make query on that.

To make the long story short, I measure the MAF sensor output in this way.
                              When the car computer wants to enable EGR system under certain condition it will always go into diagnostic phase by fully opening the EGR valve.

So when you foot off the pedal then car computer will go into a diagnostic phase by fully opening the EGR valve then reads the MAF output, car computer take note of that value which is very high then it will reduce valve position until the 10-15% of MAF output reduction (depending on the condition such as intake temp or speed of the car and RPM).

In this process it will tolerate up to 20% of error. Therefore it will allow maximum around 35% of flexible MAF output reduction but it will also read the EGR position sensor to know whether it is reaching the physical range of the valve limits. when they can't reduce MAF signal with EGR valve then it will put up P0402 error (too much) and it will put P0401 error code (not enough) when they cannot see the reduction.

MAF sensor is measuring the velocity of the passing air, not the quantity, just like reading the voltage not the current but it is relevant to air quantity. With MAF sensor air inlet hole size and air velocity reading, they can calculate air quantity hence it called MASS Air FLOW sensor.
                              However, the old vane type air flow sensor was slow but truly the air quantity sensor.

The 7 mm hole relationship with true air quantity is not known for me because I never measured with 7 mm hole. I used to test lever type valve on EGR pipe while measuring the MAF output.

Looking on many different brands of the diesel engines and the periodic maintenance done by my mechanic friend who is excellent data collector, it is 60-70,000 km for the inlet manifold cleaning with full EGR system working and with partial block such as 7 mm hole it will be extended to over 100-120,000 km before the clogging reaches same thickness.

However, he worries more about the EGR cooler leak unless you block the EGR shut and also block the EGR cooler hose to stop leaking. He says EGR cooler is made of copper and aluminum it will leak one day. This was my motive to include EGR emulation software in the mapper.

To conclude, I don't know the air quantity going through the 7mm hole, there probably is a different aerodynamic is at work.

The Manual Mapper is all about manipulating the MAF sensor output in many different condition required by car computer.

I wrote quite a few EGR control software for the car computer before I retired so I do know few things about how and what the EGR system is.

I can talk about all night about car computer control system but I will make short here because I have no intention of arguing with anyone.
                              I will respect whatever the views and knowledge one holds.

I will not talk about this again unless face to face with someone with a beer or two and sausages are sizzling.

Cheers
                              Ozbush
                              Hi Sir,

No arguing, just discussing, & we will have beer n snags, but UNTILL then,

On post #66, 6th paragraph, that does not mention velocity or quantity, it says" it will still let 80% of the egr gas flow into the manifold".
                              I'm sharing results of 7mm hole, no other "partial blank" I agree the 10mm people have used for years would be less effective.
                              However the 7mm has been super effective! This cannot happen if 80% was still coming through.
                              I do already understand quantity & velocity But I'm not an electronics engineer

Post #66 7th paragraph, I understand it will keep the computer happy by throwing the right simulated value.
                              What exact value ? Is it the maf signal? Or others?
                              We can save it for the BBQ, but I'm not sure when it will be I have many people waiting for me to endorse this product, so sooner is better lol...... I will call you will save confusion etc.

On post #70 paragraph 6, great explanation of maf sensor!

On post #70 paragraph 9, this is another concern we have been discussing, there have only been a few leak, it's seems to be mainly ones that have been removed, levered, mounting bolts missing etc, but still a risk.

To conclude, I do have a very good idea of the quantity going through the 7mm hole & it is not enough to clog.
                              Full blank is ideal! BUT, As long as there is no side effects, which is what we would like to be sure of.
                              IMO leave the Pcv system alone, we don't want oil dripping over the road, my findings are the oil provides one valve lubrication & valve clearances are better (less worn/recessed) with Pcv oil. More worn when dry soot & catch cans etc.

Who worried about climate change?
                              Adding hot air is many evils, but but it's a less efficient burn

Stopping the hot air will make a more efficient burn & reduce ^ co2 & many other bads.
                              * it may increase NoX, but I don't believe it.

Thank you.
                              Anth120playdo
                              Banned
                              Last edited by Anth120playdo; 25-11-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

You blokes are to good for me but keep it up love reading all your comments,I'm being ENWITENED,
                                sorry couldn't resist it,
                                Enlightened, don't know if I should swop my 1kz for a d4d now if this might help the expensive injector problem I read about from time to time on PP.
                                CHEERS ALAN.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X