Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member
    Installed a Stanadyne fm100 to the AMTS mount today. Spent ages trying to get the fuel system primed. Thought something was leaking but didn't take into account the sheer amount of fuel that needed to be shifted. Seems ok now but time will tell!
    http://s23.postimg.org/gfbgmakqj/121...178514_o_1.jpg

Advanced Member
    So got to use my compressor for the first time the other day. Coming from the dirt going from 32 psi dirt pressure to 40 road pressure took 33 seconds per tyre. I find if you time how long it takes in inflate one tyre it saves a lot of guess work on re- testing the pressure over and over. Use the time for a good guess and check with gauge. usually within 1psi or so.
    The 33 seconds it takes for the ARB is almost as good as the 35-37 seconds for the Thumper compressor. Which is weird because the thumper boasts more than twice the air output of the ARB. I'd say the Thumper is the one underperforming and less likely the ARB is over-performing.
    I also got a good off road test of the 185w lights. Great lights but seem to attract rabbits.
    Still trying to find a review on a MCC rear bar. Ages ago I watched a youtube video with a family of 3 doing an outback trip and they had one on their 150. If anyone can find the video I'd love to contact the owner.
    Best description of the video I can give is a family of 3 started in Yulara, had some sort of exhaust issues and were towing a camper. That's all I remember.

Mate, I've been looking at rear bars too, Have a look at a guy in Victoria, Ralsarr Engineering. They make one worth considering.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoxplor View Post
    Mate, I've been looking at rear bars too, Have a look at a guy in Victoria, Ralsarr Engineering. They make one worth considering.
    Looking at theirs too after a thread I saw posted on here. They look pretty good and well made. Getting to Vic to get it fitted is the hard part. It's another one of those expensive 'just in case' items that is bought for a 4x4 but when it needs to be used it is worth every cent. Here in Alice there is a huge problem with carpark hit and runs so the more protection the better.
    After a lot of deliberation I've decided against a chip for the engine. I never tow and it seems the power gains aren't worth the potential engine problems.

Advanced Member
    Discovered the perfect dust cap for the new style ARB air compressor connector last week. The red cap from a can of WD40 fits perfectly and tight. The liquid that keeps on giving!

9,743 uses...
    Bluestorm mafia and maybe one or two other vices.
    My 150: http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...-D4D-automatic

Out of control poster! MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    Discovered the perfect dust cap for the new style ARB air compressor connector last week. The red cap from a can of WD40 fits perfectly and tight. The liquid that keeps on giving!
    Noice! Better than the standard rubber chair foot.
    Bitumen: A blatant waste of taxpayers money!
    My rig buildup Mundaring Power Lines Jan 01 You Tube Video Morgan Quarry

Advanced Member
    Yesterday I got the dreaded charging light on the dash. 11.9 volts at idle. Luckily all this happened right after i pulled into the home driveway. Rang Toyota, 1 in SA and it was $776. Rang the local Repco and they had one in stock for $670 (down to just over 600 with the 10% RAA discount). Took about 4 hours with a lot of cursing and swearing but got it in.
    Seems like the connection between the pulley and the centre shaft on the old one is buggered. The belt will spin the pulley but not the internals. Oh well. If the new one lasts 140,000 like the OEM one did then I'll be happy.
    The new one is a 100A one which i think is the same rating as the old one. Can anyone confirm?

Advanced Member
    Did my own research and found the OEM one is 100A too so got the same size which is a relief.
    Just got back from a trip down to SA including KI and the South east and the car came into its element. Sure helped being able to drive from Alice Springs to Adelaide without refuelling and still get in with a 1/4 tank showing. Can't complain with that!

Advanced Member
    Made it 3000km before the replacement alternator began to make noise. No water crossings, no excessive dirt driving (maybe 20km or so).
    Luckily it's a warranty job, unluckily the old alternator needs to get sent away to get the claim assessed. In the meantime I've bought another unit and fitted it (see thread) and will get the money back once claim approved. It is making a definite squeaking noise so shouldn't be an issue.
    Next job to tackle, once Australia Post hurries up, is to cut-out and re fit the soft plastic cover between my wheel well and the engine bay.

Advanced Member
    New rear springs in yesterday more suited to my load. Upgraded to OME 2898 in the rear (constant 200kg) and the car already sits a lot better. Very happy with the result.
    Also fixed the soft rubber lining between the wheel well and the engine bay (the drivers side one). Genuine part was $117... stuff that. Bought a 1mx1mx1.5mm piece of nitrile and made my own for $40. Used a lot less rubber than I thought so if anyone needs nitrile, I'm your guy!

Advanced Member
    Fixed the loose rear spoiler this morning (at 3am on my work break). Just needed to nip up the bolts a little bit.
    Next task is to tighten the bolt holding my passenger rear light in. Unfortunately that involves removing the drawers... bummer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast