Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I also installed another iPad holder for the kids in the rear seat - mounted of the front passenger hear rest:

This has been a great mod - doubles the time between rest stops....

I finally sold my old GXL wheels and immediately turned those funds into a winch and some recovery points.

I went with a 12,000lb Kingone winch (also known as a Mako Avenger). I installed this myself without removing the bar - it was actually remarkably simple.

I had to file down either end of the hause to fit inside the ARB bar - strange that it was about 3mm too wide.

I installed the controller box on the 45 degree bracket that was supplied with the ARB bar, however I had to move it back and only use 1 bolt to fix it to the bar. If I had moved it forward and used 2 bolts, it would have protruded well forward of the bar - it didn't seem right. Hopefully one bolt (M8) will keep it in place on rough roads.

I am looking at moving the number plate off the hinged bracket and fixing it directly below the controller box - just haven't figured out how to do this properly yet.

And then there are the recovery points. I went with the Road Safe points in the end. The write ups on here re the install were a life saver. I would never have figured out how to getting those ARB nuts out of the chassis rail on my own...

I installed max trax holder on the rear passenger side of the roof rack. I toyed with the idea of the side mount that most guys here run, but preffered the lower profile of these in the end.

I also installed a spare RAM bracket to the rear of the awning for a camp light. This is remarkably strong and doesn't move a bit when off road. I still need to get the wiring done to permanently mount this (I actually interchange this light between the car and camper trailer with just a cig socket pug). I will probably leave it off the car around town as it is quite easy to steal like this. I do like the flexibility of being able to swing it around under the awning.

I had the ARB compressor plumbed to the rear passenger corner of the boot (because I can do the camper trailer tires from here) and then cut a 32dia hole in the plastic door so the hose can stay permanently attached.

Installed a brake controller for the camper (Prodigy P3) - I don't know my knee on it in this location and it is incredibly handy to use. I am always using the brake override on descents to assist with engine braking.

I also replaced the original ARB switches with these from Dukes 4x4. They are LED bulbs, so don't generate heat like the incandescent ones from ARB. I have had ARB switches for 4yrs now and they never last more than 12-18mths before the plastic simply perishes and they fall off the dash. Hoping these will fix that.

I think that is everything from the last 18mths. Next on the list:

- Drifta Drawers (remove 3rd row seats) with fridge slide and cage for 50l fridge (leaning towards Dunn and Watson) - might have to wait till Xmas for this one as it will be a couple of grand.
    - 3D floor mats (black rubber) - these are on order - should have done this one long ago
    - UVP - might try and jump on the bushskinz4x4 deal that I saw on here yesterday - just the front and sump guard
    - Wire up rear light (incl maybe an LED on the inside of the rear door)
    - Bonnet and headlight protectors (again - can believe I haven't done these yet...)
    - Diff breathers (and other mods to make the car more "water crossing proof"

Over and out for now - hopefully not for another 18mths....

Managed to sort out the rear drawers in the back end of 2016. Played around with a bunch of ideas for the fridge and fridge slide/box/cage. In the end, I worked through it with Beechy from Drifta and did it all through them. Really happy with the result - especially as it is completely custom to the CFX50 with no wasted space, and it 95% removable to allow it to be converted to a flat boot space in 30sec. Like everyone has said on here, the Drifta experience has been excellent. There were a lot of emails back and forth trying to get the fridge box and slide perfectly dimensioned. I confess that I did have to make a small alteration to the fridge box, however that was more due to my dodgy measurements and was easy to do and re glue the carpet.

Also got the cargo (pet) barrier installed (as per the above photos) and UVP from Bushskinz (no photo of this one yet) - all bolted in easily enough.

And I finished (for now anyway) the rear wiring for the fridge, battery monitor and rear work light. I ended up reusing the rear work light size and weight with a new 2 x 10W from Korr. I might look at changing the fridge connection over to an Anderson, however I have had no issues to date so it is not a high priority.

I also did the 3D floor mats - these have been great

Installed a black bonnet protector (all the bolts rusted so they have been replaced with stainless steel)

I tried to install some headlight protectors however they did not fix reliably at all so that was a waste of $50...

Still to do:

- Diff/transmission breathers
    - Exhaust
    - Rock sliders (damaged a side step slightly on a drop off at Fraser last week...)
    - Water bladder for between drawers and rear seats (curtain/pendulum style from Fleximake)
    - Upgrade driving lights - the IPF XS900 Hal are rubbish compared to what is available out there these days

New tyres in another 5-10k also (2-4mths) - probably go the same again - ST Maxx 265/70 - will probably get 50-55k out of the first set without any incidents/punctures.

Also did a plot of fuel consumption since new. Interesting how it is continuing, even at 40k, to decrease.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123