Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Oh went pass another milestone.. going into injector replacement territory now.

Installed the AMTS spare wheel spacer bracket and light pole. Very happy with the kit.

Mounted the Maxtrax pair and the shovel using the MK1 Traxrax bracket. (Thanks Corine )

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Got the Rhino platform installed couple of weeks ago... I'm glad I went for the shorter version (SX Platform 1528mm x 1236mm), fits just right for the sunroof ..

Shan,

Just saw your latest photo on this thread - car is looking good!

Do you get whistling from the Rhino Platform? I just got the same size Rhino platform on my 2013 Kakadu and there's a distinct whistle at anything over 50km/hr, if you have just the glass closed (or open too of course). If you close the interior panel underneath the glass you can no longer hear the whistle - but why have a sunroof if you can't see through it! I have the Rhino front & side rail kit fitted too (http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...-2b-7b-_43163b) so I'm trying to figure out if the whistle is coming from that or the platform itself. I do also have a Rhino Sunseeker awning but it was on my 120 Grande and didn't whistle there so I don't think that's the cause.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Mounted the Maxtrax pair and the shovel using the MK1 Traxrax bracket. (Thanks Corine )
    Reminds me, I have to go out and source a new set of Quickfists, you got my old ones as a bonus (bloody Loctite). Looks good hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Do you get whistling from the Rhino Platform? I just got the same size Rhino platform on my 2013 Kakadu and there's a distinct whistle at anything over 50km/hr, if you have just the glass closed (or open too of course).
    I have the longer platform and don't notice any whistling with my sunroof open either slide or tilted. Have not tried it with the front rail yet but I also have an awning fitted so I doubt it's your awning.
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

Shan,

Just saw your latest photo on this thread - car is looking good!

Do you get whistling from the Rhino Platform? I just got the same size Rhino platform on my 2013 Kakadu and there's a distinct whistle at anything over 50km/hr, if you have just the glass closed (or open too of course). If you close the interior panel underneath the glass you can no longer hear the whistle - but why have a sunroof if you can't see through it! I have the Rhino front & side rail kit fitted too (http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...-2b-7b-_43163b) so I'm trying to figure out if the whistle is coming from that or the platform itself. I do also have a Rhino Sunseeker awning but it was on my 120 Grande and didn't whistle there so I don't think that's the cause.

Kurt
    Thanks Kurt!!

It might be the front and side rail kit... I can't hear any whistling on mine at any speed. (just the wind break)
    I do have the awning on the side as well so don't think it would be that.

Quote Originally Posted by fido666 View Post
    Reminds me, I have to go out and source a new set of Quickfists, you got my old ones as a bonus (bloody Loctite). Looks good hey!
    Certainly does!!

285's look great!
    2016 Toyota Prado GXL auto. ARB deluxe bar, 9in Penetrator LED spotties (30,000LM), Uniden 8060 UHF, Bilstein/dobinson 2in lift, 265/70/17 BFG KO2 AT's, Safari snorkel, Dual battery system, ARB onboard compressor, custom rear false floor, Tin's bash plates, Wynnum tow bar, Roadsafe tow points, Phillips crystalvision bulbs, tint, rhino roof racks.

Thanks Shan and Fido666 for the replies on the whistling or lack of. Sounds like the rail kit might be the cause, will try removing it and see if the whistle disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Lski View Post
    285's look great!
    Thanks

Sounds like the rail kit might be the cause, will try removing it and see if the whistle disappears.
    I removed the front/side rail kit from the Pioneer Platform and the whistling problem has gone. Now only a very slight whistle can be heard even with the sunroof fully open (you do get a bit of other wind noise but the annoying whistle is gone). The guys at Roof Racks Galore Kedron were helpful and have taken back the rail kit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789