Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    It was a nice weekend for you Spilsy and beautifull pictures and weather.
    Here its freezing now,brrrrrrrrrr
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by geertpike1 View Post
    It was a nice weekend for you Spilsy and beautifull pictures and weather.
    Here its freezing now,brrrrrrrrrr
    Cheers
    The weather on the Friday night and Saturday was rather drizzly/Rainy. Sunday was stunning though.
    The rain kept the dust down without making anything too difficult.
    Spilsy - Today is the tomorrow you were shitting yourself about yesterday - Billy Thorpe
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Build is looking good Spilsy! Looks like a great trip. I like the radio install for something different

Quote Originally Posted by vxcruiser08 View Post
    Build is looking good Spilsy! Looks like a great trip. I like the radio install for something different
    Cheers,
    It is a good trip. I'd recommend the Davies Plain Track to anyone. Not too Easy, Not too Hard. Plenty to see on the way.

I'm actually surprised that not many people take this option for the radio install. I wasn't going to spend squillions on a remote head radio, and didn't really want to to be visible all the time.

I will note that the "Tunnel" for the mike cable needs some work, its a little awkward to close the lid sometimes is all.

And, it definitely easy enough to hear with the lid down, whether the window is up or down, whether I'm screaming along in second or cruising in 5th (or 4th for low range)
    Spilsy - Today is the tomorrow you were shitting yourself about yesterday - Billy Thorpe
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

So, a new attachment for the prado has been purchased. Its only small, but it may well come in handy. 20% off at Supercheap...IMG_0002[1].jpg

Im also working on a false floor for next to my drawer. This will have 2 purposes: 1) match the level in the rear with the folded down seats, and 2) allow me to install some extra tie down points. I should have this down by the end of the Easter long weekend. In readiness for Talbotville and Wonnangatta over the ANZAC day weekend.
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Just make sure you do that shackle bolt on the recovery hitch up nice and tight Spilsy, they tend to vibrate loose. It looked like the hordes were descending on Talbotville when the GTG crew were leaving, hope you can find a nice campsite. It's a beautiful area to camp, just watch the pit toilet as I reckon it might be full again by Anzac Day.
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

False Floor

As mentioned in my previous post, I've been working on a false floor for next to my draw.
    This is easily removable and has 4 tie down points added.
    It raises the rear floor to match with the height of the folded down seats.

The build was relatively simple, a 70x35 mm timber frame with a 12 mm ply top. Wrapped with some spare carpet i had lying around.
    I just have to neaten up the edges and it'll be perfect!!

IMG_0004[1].jpg

Also, thanks Fido for the heads up on the hitch and Talbotville and etc.
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

False Floor

Post deleted
    Last edited by Spilsy; 22-04-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Multi-Post for some reason???
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

False Floor

Post deleted
    Last edited by Spilsy; 22-04-2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Multi-Post for some reason???
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

False Floor

Post deleted
    Last edited by Spilsy; 22-04-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Multi-Post for some reason???
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Quote Originally Posted by Spilsy View Post
    Also, thanks Fido for the heads up on the hitch and Talbotville and etc.
    No probs, just take the shackle out when driving on road and check it regularly when you're out on the tracks. Floor looks good!
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

Quote Originally Posted by fido666 View Post
    No probs, just take the shackle out when driving on road and check it regularly when you're out on the tracks. Floor looks good!
    Will do! and Thanks. My carpentry is a bit rough, but its amazing what some carpet can do!
    Also managed to whip up a rudimentary awning for myself:
    1 x Broom Handle with notches at each end
    1 x 5x8 tarp with loops, not eyes
    2 x collapsable poles
    Various rope and Cable ties.

Attach broom handle to roof rail with cable ties, hook tarp on at each end (tie off in the middle), use the poles to stand it all up and there you go. Plus, it means I have a tarp available too!!

All the new stuff just needs to be tested now!
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast