Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Hi mate well done on the drawers!!! Did you consider heavier slides at all ?
    2010 Graphite V6 Petrol, Chip It Chip, Beadesert SS Exhaust System, Airtec Snorkel, Factory Headlight and Bonnet Protectors, Wetseat Car Seat Covers, Maxtrax II, Max Rax Maxtrax bracket, Mickey Thompson 265/70/17 ATZP3, Toyota Factory Towbar, Rola Vortex roof rack, bushmaster floor mats, R ear. Drop table (homemade). Interior light LED upgrades

Ellwood,

To be honest, yes I did, but there was no way I could justify the $100/slide at the time.
    At the moment, I'm tossing some new ideas up into the air as I have a) run out of room in the drawer, and b) would like to try and level the storage area floor out.

I am considering utilising 2 x under bed plastic roller boxes with some clever carpentry to make them disappear - Basically a hinged front door... but that is still very much in concept phase at the moment.

Cheers!!
    Spilsy - Today is the tomorrow you were shitting yourself about yesterday - Billy Thorpe
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Sounds good would you mind sending me the plans as I am keen to have a carrack at making my own I have some marine ply which will do the job nicely, can you PM me .
    2010 Graphite V6 Petrol, Chip It Chip, Beadesert SS Exhaust System, Airtec Snorkel, Factory Headlight and Bonnet Protectors, Wetseat Car Seat Covers, Maxtrax II, Max Rax Maxtrax bracket, Mickey Thompson 265/70/17 ATZP3, Toyota Factory Towbar, Rola Vortex roof rack, bushmaster floor mats, R ear. Drop table (homemade). Interior light LED upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
    Sounds good would you mind sending me the plans as I am keen to have a carrack at making my own I have some marine ply which will do the job nicely, can you PM me .
    06022014155828-0001.jpg
    06022014155830-0002.jpg
    Spilsy - Today is the tomorrow you were shitting yourself about yesterday - Billy Thorpe
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

New Boots.

The Grandtreks are GONE!!

Bridgestone Benalla have fitted Dueler D697s to all four corners.

$269.00 each, fitted. Plus $100 Caltex Starcard thrown in too (as per Bridgestone's current Promo)
    A quick haggle had the local Bridgestone dealer down to the Bob Jane/JAX price.

First observation is that they are a little noisier, but I was expecting that - still quiet enough to have a reasonable conversation at 100 clicks.

20140219_171435.jpg
    20140219_171447.jpg

The coloured writing was installed facing in...because it was blue, not white.
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Thanks for the plans splays much appreciated, I am also looking at tyres this week, and your investigations have helped, so much choice and range of prices it drives me batty ! So keen on the mickey ThompsonAT3 but there $430 a rim here bets I can get D697 for are 350. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
    bets I can get D697 for are 350. !!!
    Capture.JPG

I used this screen grab from Bob Jane's website to get Bridgestone to match the price.
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Quote Originally Posted by Spilsy View Post
    The Grandtreks are GONE!!

Bridgestone Benalla have fitted Dueler D697s to all four corners.

$269.00 each, fitted. Plus $100 Caltex Starcard thrown in too (as per Bridgestone's current Promo)
    A quick haggle had the local Bridgestone dealer down to the Bob Jane/JAX price.

First observation is that they are a little noisier, but I was expecting that - still quiet enough to have a reasonable conversation at 100 clicks.

20140219_171435.jpg
    20140219_171447.jpg

The coloured writing was installed facing in...because it was blue, not white.
    Just how did you get the Caltex Starcard? The only promotion here was only certain car tyres. Sounds like you got a great deal.
    Tasmania 2015 GTG Committee Member 2005 Prado Pilbara, Sovereign Bar, Driver & passenger weathershields, UHF TX3220, Spare wheel spaces, Lifestyle rack, Genuine front & midrow seatcovers, Genuine front & midrow rubber floor mats, ARB 47 litre fridge/freezer, Hilux washer jets, BF Goodridge A/T, Radiator protection plate, Dual battery tray and isolator, ARB 2.5m awning, Rhino heavy duty areo bars, MSA rear wheel bin, MAXTRAX

Quote Originally Posted by VKPrado View Post
    Just how did you get the Caltex Starcard?
    Here's the link to the Promo:
    http://www.bridgestone.com.au/special-offers/
    Capture2.JPG
    Last edited by Spilsy; 20-02-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Added an Image
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Blog Entries
    That blue colour on the writing comes off, it's like a spray on film they put over it to keep that white writing protected. I just used some tyre shine on my bfg's to get it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2008 120 Series 3lt D4D TD Prado GX, With to many bits to list :-) and more to come!!

Ghosts Build thread :- http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...D4D-Auto-build

First Test of New Tyres

Went out this last weekend with a few guys from work to give the tyres a work out.

Friday Night:
    We left Benalla and headed for Omeo. All went well, even the dark, foggy rainy, twisty bit at the top of Hotham. The Tyres handles quite well.
    Pulled into Victoria Falls camping ground after dark and in the drizzle.

Saturday:
    Saturday morning we set off into Omeo for Diesel (for those who needed it) and then on through Benambra and onto Misery Trail.
    Misery Trail was the toughest bit of the journey - 2 hours to do about 15-20 kms.
    We had to hold up for a bit while one of the guys re-attached his roof rack after not clearing a branch
    DSC_0301.jpg

From Misery Trail, we found Davies Plain Track, and it, compared to Misery Trail was a Highway. Challenging, but with a much higher average speed.
    The Prado made light work of several bar-offs that at least 1 of the Navaras had bit of trouble with
    We took the track to Tom Groggin where we set up camp for the night.
    DSC_0304.jpg
    The camp site (above) and the Infamous Murray River "Croc" (below)
    DSC_0322.jpg
    Last edited by Spilsy; 03-03-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Sunday:
    Sunday Morning, We crossed through the Murray at Tom Groggin
    DSC_0328.jpg
    Me looking down the Murray while Crossing
    DSC_0326.jpg
    One of the guys on the trip mid Murray

We headed out onto the Alpine Way (yep, back onto bitumen).
    DSC_0352.jpg
    Just after re inflating the Tyres.

We cruised the black top to the Murray 1 power station and had a look around before embarking on the push home.

The final good bit was Lunch at a Historical Trestle bridge.
    DSC_0354.jpg

All in all, I can safely say that these tyres work well both on and off road, if the pressures are all good that is.
    My relatively unmodified Prado went everywhere the other guys (lifts, snorkels...experience) went (slightly different lines chosen though)

I have many other photos included HERE: http://www.pradopoint.com/album.php?albumid=334
    2013 Turbo Diesel GXL

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast