Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libraboy 90 serries evolution

Hi everybody

just a little introduction, i am from a small country in south east asia called Brunei Darussalam, i recently just bought myself a small little baby prado with the aim of using it to go play in the mud, so far nothing much have been done beside changing the tyers to MT tyers. will slowly upgrade it as i have the funds available. bellow is a stock picture of it.

Update 29 Dec 2011

its been a while since i last posted in this thread. hopefully ill be more active. I've been mostly lurking around the forum. especially interested in glen_ep prado =D

Installed new springs and a bull bar. The springs however wasn't what i wanted so they gave me some other springs to tie me over until the new ones come in. It finally came in a week ago and just got them installed.

As i in my area, the off road we play over the weekend mostly is mud i also invested in a couple of Simex Extreme Trekker. They are extremely good in the mud. places i used to get stuck is now so easy.

up coming things i plan to get include a roof rack and snorkel for my lil 90.

Update 12 Feb 2012
    Just a little update, just finished repairing my car, should be getting the snorkel and roof rack some where this month when i get the time.

got a new set of rims and tyres. the simex was too noisy/rough on road and the original tyre i had was way to small for the amount of lift i had on my car. went to a tyre shop and got my self a 16"X10" rim and had Yokohama Geolandar AT 317/75 R16 fitted on it.

the tyre is actually a mistake but good one i guess depending how you look at it. the salesman told me it was 33" which was what i wanted just cause i think 35" are too heavy. When i drove my car there to get it fitted it to my surprise it was 35". At first i was thinking its going to be heavier then the simex and was thinking of having the tyre replaced to a smaller one but unfortunately there is no tyres that fit a 10" width rim with the size of 33" so i sticked with it. however to my surprise, it is actually lighter the the simex and not as noisy so ++ there but i am still going to need re gear my diff.

Update 9 Mar 2012
    Another small update, just gotten my roof rack and snorkel for my prado

A short story on that, the workshop i went too didn't do a good job, drilled holes where it does not belong. i should have know it when they started taking a grinder to the body without using the templete. stopped them from working anymore before they did anymore damage then they had. brought everything back and started used the templet to mark everything out and fixed what i could. technically installed the snorkel myself.

After the snorkel incident i just told them to just zip tie the roof rack onto my roof and drove it back to be installed myself too. which i then notice, the legs were not long enough so it was off to find some metal plates to be used as extension. drilled the holes painted them screwed them together and viola its on. also got a high-lift jack currently zip tied to the roof rack but am ordering the proper mounting for it and hopefully arrive soon.

next were spotties, although the ones on the roof are not wired and plus they are just for show. got a set of IPF 800SX coming in. Those on the bull bar are wired. bought the IPF 900SX while i was in oz and finally got them
    wired with the high beam. I plan to do the same thing with the roof lights when they eventually arrive.

next on the list of mods will probably be a rear drawer system with a water tank, but i am unsure on how to build that up yet. have not found a place to secure it.

08 Aug 2012
    My 800SX finally came in! Two spot and two flood but decided to wait on it before the installed as i decided to get a few LED lights for my rear and side. got some cheep china made LED that i needed to reseal as is not weather proof properly. A few of my friends have them and it all has water inside it from rain.

Got a friend of mine to come in and help out. as we were doing it over our free time it took about a month to complete it. the most time consuming part was rewiring the fuse box as i wanted to make the car look as clean as possible. it took a alot of time and effort to hide all the cables.

Thats it for this update. got a heavy duty bashplate coming up got it custome made out of 2mm stainless steal am quiet excited about that. also starting to get an idea of how to build my water tank/drawer system in my car.

Starting (Stock)

12 Feb 2012

09 Mar 2012

08 Aug 2012

Mods So far
    - King Springs and Koni Shocks 2" Lift
    - Simex Extreme Trekker 35/10.5 + 16"X8" Rim off road
    - Yokohama Geolander AT 315/75 + 16"X10" Rim on road
    - Piak Bullbar
    - Roof Rack
    - IPF 900XS
    - IPF 800XS X2
    - China LED working light X6
    - Hi-Lift Jack xTream 60"
    libraboy
    Lurker
    Last edited by libraboy; 08-08-2012, 02:53 PM. Reason: update
    3.0 Prado KZJ90R
    King Springs and Koni Shocks 2" Lift, Simex Extreme Trekker 35/10.5 + 16"X8" Rim, Yokohama Geolander AT 315/75 + 16"X10" Rim, Piak Bullbar, Roof Rack, IPF 900XS, Hi-Lift Jack 48"
    [url]http://tinyurl.com/7osm3nn[/url]

Looking good libraboy! I've always dreamed of having a set of Simex tyres, they look really awesome, but I rarely play in mud.

After the cutting, where do the wheels rub?

Will you be looking at changing the diff ratios?

I also noticed a serious loss of braking power when I jumped to 33". I tried slotted rotors but they didn't help at all. Mine was fixed by completely overhauling the 4 calipers and tweaking the LSPV. It's stops real easy now.
    glen_ep - engineered, 4" lift, 33" 255/85R16, lockers, 4.88 ratios www.pradopoint.com.au/showthread.php?17237 www.youtube.com/user/glenep www.fb.com/groups/ToyotaPrado90

Comment

Oh! Looks very good!!!!
      Prado RZJ90. OME 881 coils Nitrocharger Sport shocks front, 80 Series front coils & rear 80 series Tokico shocks rear, 255/85R16 Cooper Discoverer ST, Viper rocksliders, parking brake cable rear axle bracket, extended rear brake line, extended diff breathers, headers, engine perfomance mods, soon LR upper control arms, ARB rear locker in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by glen_ep View Post
        Looking good libraboy! I've always dreamed of having a set of Simex tyres, they look really awesome, but I rarely play in mud.

After the cutting, where do the wheels rub?

Will you be looking at changing the diff ratios?

I also noticed a serious loss of braking power when I jumped to 33". I tried slotted rotors but they didn't help at all. Mine was fixed by completely overhauling the 4 calipers and tweaking the LSPV. It's stops real easy now.
        hahaha if you dont play mud, the simex is over kill. not to mention the noise, vibration and fuel consumption on the road. for on the road driving i am using 285/75 R16 tyres no issue with it.

after cutting it does not rub the body anymore but it rubs the chassis. when i turn the steering wheel to full lock the tyres will rub on the chassis.

tyres at full lock

what the rubbing has done. shiny metal =D

i do plan to change the diff ratio but am a little bit hesitant because the mechanics here are hopeless. for me to even consider changing the diff ratio i am going to need to get the proper tools for it first and make sure theres a manual to help me through it, zero experience with these stuff.

with braking i am not sure because these Simex tyres have very little rubber in contact with the road so i am guessing they have some part in it too.
        libraboy
        Lurker
        Last edited by libraboy; 14-01-2012, 09:23 AM.
        3.0 Prado KZJ90R
        King Springs and Koni Shocks 2" Lift, Simex Extreme Trekker 35/10.5 + 16"X8" Rim, Yokohama Geolander AT 315/75 + 16"X10" Rim, Piak Bullbar, Roof Rack, IPF 900XS, Hi-Lift Jack 48"

Comment

Maybe with wheel spacers resolve the problem:

http://www.spidertrax.com/products/1996-Up-4Runner

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-32mm-1-25-...item4cfd40dae6

Cheers
          Prado RZJ90. OME 881 coils Nitrocharger Sport shocks front, 80 Series front coils & rear 80 series Tokico shocks rear, 255/85R16 Cooper Discoverer ST, Viper rocksliders, parking brake cable rear axle bracket, extended rear brake line, extended diff breathers, headers, engine perfomance mods, soon LR upper control arms, ARB rear locker in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MDST View Post
            i was thinking of wheel spacers but i am worried of the wheels rubbing the wheel arch after installing it. i may get it but i need to do the car up first one of the oil seals is leaking. *tears*

looking at the repair manual it will not be an easy job, the whole front will have to come out for easier access. not something i am looking forward to with that metal on the front.
            3.0 Prado KZJ90R

Comment

Originally posted by libraboy View Post
              i was thinking of wheel spacers but i am worried of the wheels rubbing the wheel arch after installing it. i may get it but i need to do the car up first one of the oil seals is leaking. *tears*

looking at the repair manual it will not be an easy job, the whole front will have to come out for easier access. not something i am looking forward to with that metal on the front.
              Oh I see!

Well, it`s time to do a body lift!!!

What oil seals are you talking about??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MDST View Post
                Oh I see!

Well, it`s time to do a body lift!!!

What oil seals are you talking about??

Cheers
                thinking about the body lift but i want to figure out away to close the gap between the bull bar and the body before i start lifting it. glen_ep lifted his body along with the bull bar but apparently he was advice not to use a winch, i would like to keep my winching ability

regarding the oil seal it is not really an oil seal issue, the pulley was rubbing against something and that something eventually from a crack after all those rubbing. so now i need to replace both of them, dont even know where am i going to find them here.

the mechanics workman ship here is terrible, going to have to grind a few bolts away because they were over tighten and my dad and i damaged it while we were trying to open it.

will post pics and more details up after Ive removed some of the other stuff.
                3.0 Prado KZJ90R

Comment

hey there, i would love to see photos of where you have cut to fit those 35" boots. wouldnt mind a set for my 90 but my 33s rub under compression in the front as it is, and they have the same chassis rub problem.

oh and if you go for wheel spacers, i would strongly suggest the spidertrax, as they have a bore and step to keep you wheel centre to the hub, most spacers dont have these
                  draycon
                  Last edited by draycon; 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM.
                  1997 3.4 V6 Rv. mods; 1 1/2 inch bodylift, 285/75/R16 cooper STTs, 16x8 sunraysia style black steel rims '0' offset, 2 inch heavy duty springs, bilstein shocks (80 series rear), GME remote mounted UHF.

Comment

Originally posted by draycon View Post
                    hey there, i would love to see photos of where you have cut to fit those 35" boots. wouldnt mind a set for my 90 but my 33s rub under compression in the front as it is, and they have the same chassis rub problem.

oh and if you go for wheel spacers, i would strongly suggest the spidertrax, as they have a bore and step to keep you wheel centre to the hub, most spacers dont have these
                    hi draycon, regarding the cut have a look at glen_ep post on his build up rig, link bellow. its pretty much similar just that i had to cut a lot more of the the body seam weld. i also had to hammer in the body work? (not sure what you call that) if u look at the first pic the the material that has like a square hole in it, i had to bend that back too cause it was rubbing on the tyres too. if you dont do it, it will shred your tyres.

as for the rear i just needed to cut some of of the plastic mud guard, short work with a dremel and when the wheels are off. you will also lose all 4 mud flaps when you put in 35

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...en-in%2Fpage12

ill post some pic out once i am done repairing my car, the position it is in right now does not give good light for me to take pics so sorry about that.
                    3.0 Prado KZJ90R

Comment

Originally posted by libraboy View Post
                      hi draycon, regarding the cut have a look at glen_ep post on his build up rig, link bellow. its pretty much similar just that i had to cut a lot more of the the body seam weld. i also had to hammer in the body work? (not sure what you call that) if u look at the first pic the the material that has like a square hole in it, i had to bend that back too cause it was rubbing on the tyres too. if you dont do it, it will shred your tyres.

as for the rear i just needed to cut some of of the plastic mud guard, short work with a dremel and when the wheels are off. you will also lose all 4 mud flaps when you put in 35

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...en-in%2Fpage12

ill post some pic out once i am done repairing my car, the position it is in right now does not give good light for me to take pics so sorry about that.
                      ahh, ok, i have done a similar thing anyway with my 33s, but mine are wider then glens_ep's (285/75 instead of 255/85) maybe i just need to look at a set of 35" skinnys.. if i end up putting 35s on it haha. rear should be ok because i have entended my bump stops for longer shocks.
                      1997 3.4 V6 Rv. mods; 1 1/2 inch bodylift, 285/75/R16 cooper STTs, 16x8 sunraysia style black steel rims '0' offset, 2 inch heavy duty springs, bilstein shocks (80 series rear), GME remote mounted UHF.

Comment

Hey Draycon,
                        For tall skinny tyres I think the next logical step would be Simex Jungle Trekkers.
                        I'll PM you some more thoughts to keep the chat down in this build up thread.
                        glen_ep - engineered, 4" lift, 33" 255/85R16, lockers, 4.88 ratios www.pradopoint.com.au/showthread.php?17237 www.youtube.com/user/glenep www.fb.com/groups/ToyotaPrado90

Comment

Hey guys, just a little update on my repair of my lil prado.

so recently i found my prado has an oil leak. me and my dad suspected it was the front pulley oil seal so we tried to changed it. however after changing it, my car started to leak even more. we therefore decided to take everything out to find the source of the leak.

Area we were working on

firstly we took out the radiator to have more access into the front of the engine. while taking out the radiator, the bottom bolts were seized tight so we had to remove the whole mounting of the radiator. after that we flooded the bolts with penetrant and tried the next day. however it was still stuck so it was time to take out the dremel and grind. it was short work and now we are undecided if we should replace the radiator or not because there were glue on the top of the tank and we are not even sure if the radiator is working properly because my car overheats at speeds. going to check the thermostats first before we decide on the radiator but have yet to figure out how to remove it. seams like a very narrow space to work in to remove it. sorry no pictures for this section totally forgotten to take pics

so after removing the radiator, we then moved to the fan clutch assembly. this is where we found out the mechanics here were shabby, out of 4 nuts 3 of them were seized. tried to force open one of them but we damaged the nut instead. therefore more grinding to go.

Damaged nut

After about 30 minutes of grinding

in order to make things easier, we decided to remove the compresser of the airconditioning and the alternator. same story bolts were over tightened. had to use a bolt breaker to open the bolts. no damage bolts to report here thankfully. we then tried to remove the mounting for the belt tightener near the compressor and found out one of the bolt head has been damaged so me and my dad again cant remove it. we then tried to remove the belt tightener it self, the screw used to move it up and down is also damaged so we cant remove it either =( bloody buggers.

Damaged thread of the bolt for belt tensioner
                          libraboy
                          Lurker
                          Last edited by libraboy; 14-01-2012, 10:11 AM.
                          3.0 Prado KZJ90R

Comment

we stopped removing things and started to look for the source of the leak, we remove the main drive pulley and started to inspect it again. the weird thing was there was no oil inside the pulley, it was only on the outer side of the pulley that had oil. we cleaned the area and couldn't see any defects at all. we then decided to put the pulley back and try starting the engine a while to find the source. and it work, we found the source of the leak, apparently an area that we thought was originally machined was actually grind away by the pulley. there was a small crack there. my dad thinks the pulley became faulty and expanded therefor touching the timing case so we are on to source for that part before we removed it how ever dont think it will be an easy part to find.

Crack in the timing cover

Pulley that was faulty
                            libraboy
                            Lurker
                            Last edited by libraboy; 14-01-2012, 10:12 AM.
                            3.0 Prado KZJ90R

Comment

The repair is done after a good 1 month ++. had work and other commitments so i couldn't finish it as fast as i wanted it to.

Managed to source for the cracked timing cover, was lucky to have a scrap engine around if not i would have probably needed to buy a new engine.

scraped 1kz

anyway i didn't really take pictures on how to remove the timing cover as i have forgotten. you will have to be carefully with it if you decide to remove it, it aluminum. had to remove the screws first then with the help a putty scraper and a hammer, slowly hammer putty scraper in between the the timing cover and the block (not sure if that is what you call it)

the broken timing cover.

not to sure what some of the gears do =P

new timing cover

as you can see, the new timing cover has some rub to it already so i will need to keep an eye out on it so that it does not happend again!

After the new timing cover was done it was just a matter of putting everything back up and connecting them. I ordered a new radiator but seams a little too wide not sure how i am going to go about that but ill do it another time. I need to clean the cooling system then flush it before putting the new radiator in. Will probably do it when i next check on the pulley =D
                              libraboy
                              Lurker
                              Last edited by libraboy; 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM.
                              3.0 Prado KZJ90R

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                              mencisport.com
                              antalya escort
                              tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              gaziantep escort
                              gaziantep escort
                              asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                              erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                              atasehir escort tuzla escort