Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Exhaust systems for 150's which is best?

Just bought a 2.75" stainless steel system! Cant wait to fit it

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl150 View Post
    Put on a Beaudesert exhaust last week and very happy. At speed no difference in cabin noise, but under acceleration you can get a burble happening. It also sounds throatier when you turn it off. Less restriction I feel. Larger in diameter obviously, by my measurement around 10mm OD, and mandrel bent. I drove over 1000km's at an average of 99 kph (according to trip feature) from Brisbane to near Canberra at Easter and used 10.4 litres per hundred. Would normally see closer to 12's at that speed. Had it on 120 kph on freeways, which is around 110 kph.
    Bit more pull at the lights, and around 1500 to 1700 rpm down Pennant Hills Road through Sydney it was at the head of the pack. No difference in shift points etc. Cant wait to see how it tows the camper next week with bigger mud tyres and full loaded. Cheers, mmm beer.
    How much did they sting you for the full beaudesert system? Did you fit it yourself?

update on the Berklee 3in 4wd action system. I am happy to report that fuel consumption is down from 10.3 to 9.6! happy days!
    2013 (12 build) GX Auto.......with safari snorkel, toyota bar, tow bar, roof racks, led spots with fancy newpro switchgear, uniden remote UHF and aerial, ARB bash plates, Roadsafe recovery points, digoptions radio, general grabber AT2s, cheap ebay roof rack that has stood up surprisingly well.....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789