Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Hello guys! Has anyone installed one of these? The price is too good to pass up.... Also appealing is the inclusion of the bungs for an EGT sensor.

http://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/prod...l-nov2006.html

Cheers Brad
    2010 GX ,D4D, 6 Speed Manual. 17x7.5'' +15 FJ Cruiser alloys, 265/70/17 Cooper ST MAXX, ARB bar, Tigerz11 winch, 2'' Dobbinsons lift, Superior front swaybar spacers, extended rear swaybar links, dual batteries, 65L Waeco, custom rear storage, cargo barrier, Fuel Manager pre-filter, breathers, UHF, Narva driving lights.

I got a 3 inch Manta SS system to my 150 series Prado, turbo spools in quicker and probably an extra 5-8% power, great when off-road or towing.....

Please delete this post
    Last edited by Ozzietj; 16-07-2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to hit reply with quote

So I've been reading this for a while and am finally going to get the muffler mod done but the local exhaust bloke is trying to sell me a hotdog instead of a highflow/sports muffler (that's all he has in stock atm) will the hotdog make the same change? I insisted on not wanting the Prado sounding like a Vn commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by Boothy85 View Post
    So I've been reading this for a while and am finally going to get the muffler mod done but the local exhaust bloke is trying to sell me a hotdog instead of a highflow/sports muffler (that's all he has in stock atm) will the hotdog make the same change? I insisted on not wanting the Prado sounding like a Vn commodore.
    Personally i think it will be too loud.. Try it, if you dont like it then ask for a muffler.

Looking at doing the Steinbauer and muffler conversion on my 2011 GXL 150.
    Redback look to be the go for the muffler which I have used before on an SS and HSV and very happy as a full system but are we replacing the centre muffler or the rear or both on the Prado?
    I hope the change pays off.
    Cheers.

Most systems I looked at quoted catalytic converter as an option, standard fit was front pipe from turbo to centre muffler.
    Unit I have fitted is full stainless Pacemaker, centre and rear mufflers.
    Has a great sound when you put the boot in but quiet under normal driving even with the caravan in tow.
    I recon the lower end to midrange torque has improved.
    Stank for a while till gold paint finish cured due to diesel lower exhaust temps but all good now.
    No annual inspections in W.A. so unless get pulled over for check not worried about cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Guy View Post
    so unless get pulled over for check not worried about cat.
    You don't care about the environment? Shame. I have Manta system with cat and they say there's no loss of performance by having the cat in-line.
    Dave
    Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
    Jan 09 GXL 120 D4D auto, Dune: Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Boothy85 View Post
    exhaust bloke is trying to sell me a hotdog
    Hot dogs are so seventies! Remember having a pair on my Cortina.
    Dave
    Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
    Jan 09 GXL 120 D4D auto, Dune: Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

So happy with my Beaudesert Exhaust.

The power is great, I actually think its quieter on the highway, it doesn't sound a lot better but it sounds better and fuel consumption is better. The ECU must still be learning because its getting better with each tank of fuel.

I've noticed the biggest difference with power.

Just returned from Straddie and the extra power on the beach and in soft sand transformed my prado.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by White Kak View Post
    So happy with my Beaudesert Exhaust.

The power is great, I actually think its quieter on the highway, it doesn't sound a lot better but it sounds better and fuel consumption is better. The ECU must still be learning because its getting better with each tank of fuel.

I've noticed the biggest difference with power.

Just returned from Straddie and the extra power on the beach and in soft sand transformed my prado.

....It would be helpful to know what vehicle you have please WK..and how many km's.
    Do you replace the exhaust because it was worn or because you wanted to get more power?
    SE Qld: 2016 GX 150GD Prado, 6 spd auto, white (Feb '16 build): TJM T15 steel Bull bar, 9,500lb TORQ winch (synthetic rope, remote & wired control), TJM side steps, Rhino Pioneer Platform (42102B 1928 X 1236mm), front recovery points, Wynnum tow bar, Techonsha P3 brake controller.

Found out after it was fitted, with the EGR restrictor affecting NOX levels this won't make much difference as original cats usually fail after 60,000.
    Still heaps cleaner than all the old diesels running around the countryside.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast