Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got Kings KTFR-101HD springs fitted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Gumboots Prado on a drive yesterday. Levels looking spot on and quite a nicely kitted up Rig now....
    2004 V6 Grande. BLACK -

Comment

• Originally posted by Way2go View Post
      With the 40mm lift on the lowest clip, what is your actual rim to guard measurement?

I emailed Kings yesterday to query ride height with the HDs and the extra weight at the front - they provide figures from the hub to the guard (HTG) and quoted 570mm.

Based on the rim width (it's actually closer to 18" when measured, as it covers quite a lot of the tyre bead), that would give me 805mm from rim to guard.
      We measure all of our heights as a Hub To Guard measurement also. From the centre of the Axle line to the Guard.
      That way if you have a 14inch or a 24inch Rim, the measurement remains the same.
      It is a more reliable way to measure, as it takes the variables out.

Regards, Wholesale.
      wholesalesuspension
      Advanced Member
      Last edited by wholesalesuspension; 15-08-2012, 02:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Way2go View Post
        With the 40mm lift on the lowest clip, what is your actual rim to guard measurement?

I emailed Kings yesterday to query ride height with the HDs and the extra weight at the front - they provide figures from the hub to the guard (HTG) and quoted 570mm.

Based on the rim width (it's actually closer to 18" when measured, as it covers quite a lot of the tyre bead), that would give me 805mm from rim to guard.
        Originally posted by wholesalesuspension View Post
        We measure all of our heights as a Hub To Guard measurement also. From the centre of the Axle line to the Guard.
        That way if you have a 14inch or a 24inch Rim, the measurement remains the same.
        It is a more reliable way to measure, as it takes the variables out.

Regards, Wholesale.
        It is more consistent to measure from rim to guard (RTG) rather than hub to guard (HTG) due to the 5-10mm variation of where exactly you may reckon the centre of the hub is. Also for consistency on PP, we generally measure RTG on standard 17" rims as per this suspension measurement thread:

However, since the OE 17" rim measures about 470mm diameter at the rim lip, in order to convert from HTG to RTG using a standard Prado 17'' rim just add 235mm. Conversely, subtract 235mm from RTG for a HTG measurement.
        "Sure it’s quiet, for a diesel, but that’s like being well-behaved… for a murderer."- Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

• Originally posted by Peterpilot View Post
          It is more consistent to measure from rim to guard (RTG) rather than hub to guard (HTG) due to the 5-10mm variation of where exactly you may reckon the centre of the hub is. Also for consistency on PP, we generally measure RTG on standard 17" rims as per this suspension measurement thread:

However, since the OE 17" rim measures about 470mm diameter at the rim lip, in order to convert from HTG to RTG using a standard Prado 17'' rim just add 235mm. Conversely, subtract 235mm from RTG for a HTG measurement.
          Agreed. That measurement will be better, if you are only measuring that rim & car combo.
          I suppose not too many people change these rims on the Prado either as they are pretty strong.
          We do Hub to guard at work, because with the huge range of vehicles we work on there are too many variables with wheel combo's etc.

We do measurements on every car we work on before & after work is performed and we have compiled a pretty decent database over the years to know what spring should give what end result. Some of real common stuff like the Commodores we can give something like 8 or 9 spring options within a 2 inch range on a VE Commo rear end.

I only wish there were that many spring rate & height options for the 4wd's

Regards, Jason.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumboot View Post
            I put on Bilsteins on the middle clip. Springs are KTFR-101H on the front and KTRR-102 on the rear.
            They recommend not to go HD's in the front as they were too stiff.

In the rear I have black widow draws, Frige, cargo barrier and about 50KG of gear in the draws and a full 180 litres of diesel.
            In the front I have the ARB Deluxe bar, lights, battery, bash plates.

Front heights are 825mm now
            Rears heights are 805mm now

I expect it to settle a little, then I have 30KG of winch and about 30kg of AMTS Bash plates to fit up as well.
            I expect the front to be around 800ish at that stage.
            They recommend to run the front tyres at 45 psi and the rears at 40PSI. I felt this a little to high and feels it makes the front end steering a bit light so will try dropping the front to about 40ish to see what difference that makes.
            Cheers
            Hey gumboot.
            We have the exact same suspension combo...
            Ive got air bags though.
            My only concern is- Will the rear springs hold up to the task when towing the CT if an air bag gets punctured?
            Im considering upgrading the rear springs incase this were to happen.
            Drew

DOH...
            I just read on further and seen that you have upgraded to the HD's all round...
            I think thats my answer just there!
            Cheers.
            mackayvx
            Advanced Member
            Last edited by mackayvx; 13-02-2013, 10:21 PM.
            HERS - KZJ120, BILSTIEN / KINGS, AMTS GEAR, RHINO GEAR, OUTBACK DRAWERS ETC ETC ETC
            MINE - HDJ78 RV TROOPY. 1HDFTE. TWIN FACTORY LOCKERS. STEINBAUER POWER. OME LIFT. BEAST.

Comment

• Well a good 6 months on and I have had no sag from the Kings HD's all around. Still very happy with the ride.
              [B]Robert
              [URL="http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?32134-Gumboot-s-120-D4D-GXL"]2007 D4D GXL Prado[/URL][/B]
              [I]"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."[/I]
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Yes so 1 of my air bags has let go - as predicted!
                That leaves me with a lop sided ass end and a front end that seem to dive into corners a bit too much for my liking.

My current set up is the same as what Gumboot had before he converted to HD's all round.
                On the vehicle at the moment are Bilstein stuts and shocks with KTFR101-H (Bottom clip) on the front & KTRR102 with busted airbags on the rear.
                Measurement as of today are -
                FL - 790 FR - 785
                RL - 805 RR - 795

So yes these measurements are up the creek without a paddle.
                Its funny you know. We had a very comfortable run up the Cape with the air bags holding the rear end at height, and far out over the last week she turned into a bouncing kangaroo around corners with an air bag that was flat!
                Anyways, this was my first go at airbags and to be honest Im thinking they are a bit of a gimmick.
                Airbags may be excellent for towing on bitumen, but when your on the tracks they seem too delicate and are easily damaged by flying rocks and alike.

So I had better rattle off my list of add ons & then ill ask my question to the PP suspension guru's...

FRONT-
                Sov Bar with Cradle... Would these 2 items weigh as much as a steel bar?
                Winch 32kg
                AMTS bash plates ??kg maybe 30kg?
                Racor 2ndary Filter 5kg
                Delkor2nd battery 26kg
                Battery tray and cables 10kg (maybe more)
                =101kgs + the bar & cradle.

REAR-
                Outback drawers 70kg?? Im not actually sure, possibly more than 70
                Fridge 27kg
                Recovery gear 20kg
                Air compressor & tools 20kg easy
                + Travelling weight like food, drinks, spares & bags etc 100kg
                =237kgs approximately.

ON TOP

Rhino Pioneer tray 20kg easy possibly more
                Spare wheel (when on a long trip) 23 kg
                Awning 10 kg??? Approx
                =53kg + maxtrax etc etc

So my question is now ready to be asked.

After i fit the new KTRR102-HD's to the rear, would I be able to retain the KTFR101-H's on the front?
                If so, which clip position would you go for?

Id like to keep the H's on the front and change the clip position if needed, to save some $$$ and also to take the shock load off the inner guards.
                But I have a feeling The old Prado is getting loaded up with a bit too much fruit to handle it.

Gumboot seems pretty happy with the HD's allround but he has a Steel bar, so Im not sure how this compares to mine weight wise.

Cheers fellas. Drew.
                HERS - KZJ120, BILSTIEN / KINGS, AMTS GEAR, RHINO GEAR, OUTBACK DRAWERS ETC ETC ETC
                MINE - HDJ78 RV TROOPY. 1HDFTE. TWIN FACTORY LOCKERS. STEINBAUER POWER. OME LIFT. BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by mackayvx View Post
                  Yes so 1 of my air bags has let go - as predicted!
                  That leaves me with a lop sided ass end and a front end that seem to dive into corners a bit too much for my liking.

My current set up is the same as what Gumboot had before he converted to HD's all round.
                  On the vehicle at the moment are Bilstein stuts and shocks with KTFR101-H (Bottom clip) on the front & KTRR102 with busted airbags on the rear.
                  FL - 790 FR - 785
                  RL - 805 RR - 795

Its funny you know. We had a very comfortable run up the Cape with the air bags holding the rear end at height, and far out over the last week she turned into a bouncing kangaroo around corners with an air bag that was flat!
                  Anyways, this was my first go at airbags and to be honest Im thinking they are a bit of a gimmick.
                  Airbags may be excellent for towing on bitumen, but when your on the tracks they seem too delicate and are easily damaged by flying rocks and alike.

So I had better rattle off my list of add ons & then ill ask my question to the PP suspension guru's...

FRONT-
                  Winch 32kg
                  Racor 2ndary Filter 5kg
                  Delkor2nd battery 26kg

REAR-
                  Fridge 27kg
                  Recovery gear 20kg
                  =237kgs approximately.

ON TOP

Awning 10 kg??? Approx
                  =53kg + maxtrax etc etc

After i fit the new KTRR102-HD's to the rear, would I be able to retain the KTFR101-H's on the front?

Id like to keep the H's on the front and change the clip position if needed, to save some $$$ and also to take the shock load off the inner guards.
                  But I have a feeling The old Prado is getting loaded up with a bit too much fruit to handle it.

Gumboot seems pretty happy with the HD's allround but he has a Steel bar, so Im not sure how this compares to mine weight wise.

Cheers fellas. Drew.

Jeez bud, your having a rough trott!!
                  2008 120 Series 3lt D4D TD Prado GX, With to many bits to list :-) and more to come!!

Ghosts Build thread :- [url]http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?22132-Ghosts-2008-D4D-Auto-build[/url]

Comment

• Double post
                    2008 120 Series 3lt D4D TD Prado GX, With to many bits to list :-) and more to come!!

Ghosts Build thread :- [url]http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?22132-Ghosts-2008-D4D-Auto-build[/url]

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                      Jeez bud, your having a rough trott!!
                      A trott like horse?

Comment

FL - 790 FR - 785
                        RL - 805 RR - 795

FRONT-
                        Winch 32kg
                        Racor 2ndary Filter 5kg
                        Delkor2nd battery 26kg

REAR-
                        Fridge 27kg
                        Recovery gear 20kg
                        =237kgs approximately.

ON TOP

Awning 10 kg??? Approx
                        =53kg + maxtrax etc etc

Cheers fellas. Drew.
                        Well you know, it shouldn't start bouncing because of an air bag.
                        Sit lop sided ok, but its the shocks that are supposed to dampen the bounce.
                        It is possible your Billy's are shagged, the air bags may have been hiding the real problem?
                        I'd be checking those billys out properly! Especially after the last set I saw on Anders vehicle.

Comment

A trott like horse?
                          Yup :-D bet Tanya is ecstatic?.........

Comment

I am not sure what brand of airbag you have Drew but I think you might have just been unlucky. My airbags have done a bucket load of dirt and off road work including the Cape and they are standing up perfectly. In fact I reckon they are tough as nails.

I have the Polyairs!

Cheers Andrew
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]So Long and Thanks for all the Fish![/COLOR]

[url=http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showthread.php?3840-AJ-s-120-Prado]MY PRADO AND DIY CAMPER TRAILER[/url]

[url=http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showthread.php?3975-AJ-s-79-series-Cruiser-Ute]MY HZJ79 Landcrusier[/url]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by Anth120playdo View Post
                              Well you know, it shouldn't start bouncing because of an air bag.
                              Sit lop sided ok, but its the shocks that are supposed to dampen the bounce.
                              It is possible your Billy's are shagged, the air bags may have been hiding the real problem?
                              I'd be checking those billys out properly! Especially after the last set I saw on Anders vehicle.
                              Yes thats a fair call ####. When I seen that post about them buggered struts I immediately inspected the struts and shocks for leaks and couldnt find any. Ill check again but ive seen leaking shocks before and mine are still clean. I think the springs are far too overloaded. Apart from leaks and split bush's, what else should I be looking for when inspecting struts and shocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                                Yup :-D bet Tanya is ecstatic?.........
                                Um put it this way Craig. Um. Um. Ill just leave it at that.

Originally posted by AJ120 View Post
                                I am not sure what brand of airbag you have Drew but I think you might have just been unlucky. My airbags have done a bucket load of dirt and off road work including the Cape and they are standing up perfectly. In fact I reckon they are tough as nails.

I have the Polyairs!
                                Hey AJ.
                                Ive got the blue Coil-rites from Air Bag Man.
                                You know it could be a simple as a cracked line or leaky connection. Id better get the soapy water spray bottle out!
                                But I know for sure that 250 + kgs in the back & roofracks etc is way too much for STD raised springs.
                                I was hoping airbags would take the weight, but I would say that they would really be for leveling purposes only.

Thanks for the idea. I will check the lines for airleaks but Im sure Id still be up for HD springs in the rear.

Cheers.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X