Thread: what is the difference between the 2 motors 05 prado

what is the difference between the 2 motors 05 prado

hi guys, i am lookin at buyin a 2005 120 series prado turbo deisel 5 speed n i am just wonderin if someone could tell me which motor is better n the difference between them d4d n 1kz-te thanks
    Last edited by turdrunner69; 26-04-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turdrunner69 View Post
    hi guys, i am lookin at buyin a 2005 120 series prado turbo deisel 5 speed n i am just wonderin if someone could tell me which motor is better n the difference between them d4d n 1kz-te thanks
    The d4d wasn't available until approx second half of 2006. If you looking at anything pre that then it's a 1kz. The technical differences between the two have been covered on here before (I'm the mug who normally types it all out). Try the advanced search feature. Failing that use wiki.

Mick
    1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
    Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost!

Advanced Member
    Both are fine. D4D makes heaps more power. The earlier diesel can be made to run better with an exhaust and chip. If you can afford the D4D go for it otherwise the earlier one is fine and much cheaper to buy generally.
    2005 GXL TD Auto. 265/70/17 Goodyear Silent Armours. Bilsteins and Kings Springs. 2 3/4" Beaudesert exhaust and dump pipe. EGT and Steinbauer Chip.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/287180.png

Lightbulb

The technical differences between the two have been covered on here before (I'm the mug who normally types it all out
    Previous thread were this was covered:

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...-KZJ-v-KDJ-D4D

Mick
    1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
    Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost!