Thread: 1KD-FTV

1KD-FTV

my engine is consuming more oil than ussual.... almost 1/4 each 2 weeks or so... its not leaking cause i would had noticed it. I've noticed the high consuming happens when i travel short or long trips.. any idea what could be causing this consume? if anybody could give me any info.

I've heard rumors that the 1KD-FTV after 100k gives cylinder head issues, but my prado has only 110k in the clock, no engine power loss , compression loss, weird noise or anything ... replaced the air filter, replaced the oil and filter but the consume continues.....
    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5...1101211747.jpg
    2001 VX TD. Jaos front defense, HID lights ,1kzte , Semi-Stock.

Re: 1KD-FTV

What grade of oil are you using?
    2008 Diesel Prado with extra stuff added. I drive it on the road and other places too.

that the 1KD-FTV after 100k gives cylinder head issues, but my prado has only 110k in the clock
    I thought you had a 1kzte engine in your Prado? (previous posts)

Mick
    1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
    Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost!

Thats because i actually own 2 prados , a 90 series with the 1kz and a 120 series with the 1kd

The oil i use is Kendall Super D Sae 15w-40 1/4 (one quarter)
    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5...1101211747.jpg
    2001 VX TD. Jaos front defense, HID lights ,1kzte , Semi-Stock.