Thread: Rear number plate and light assembly - replacement

Rear number plate and light assembly - replacement

Some (unfortunately unknown) dimwit took out the passenger side rear of my 120 in a car park this morning. Of course no details left behind and no CCTV in that area. A bit of damage to the bumper and a bit of paint transfer, but what annoys me most is the rear number plate and light assembly has been knocked off and is basically held on by the cable.

I'm going to try and repair it this arvo, but not liking my chances. Seems like a b*stard of a job as well, having to remove the inside rear door and all. Anybody have a rough idea of the replacement cost of the assembly from Toyota (dare I ask!?) or where I could get one in Sydney from a wrecker at short notice?
    Prado 120 - 2004 GXL V6 - Champagne
    ARB deluxe bar, OME 2" lift, Safari snorkel, BFG A/T's, Ironman winch, Narva 225 driving lights + LED bar, Pioneer stereo w/reverse camera, Redarc DC-DC dual battery, 47L ARB fridge, Tait TM8254 UHFCB, Rhino Rack Pioneer tray, Rear LED work light, Garmin Nuvi 1450T + In-car mounted Tablet PC w/ maps, Maxtrax, Outback drawers, etc....

Re: Rear number plate and light assembly - replacement

Quote Originally Posted by JGD
    Some (unfortunately unknown) dimwit took out the passenger side rear of my 120 in a car park this morning. Of course no details left behind and no CCTV in that area. A bit of damage to the bumper and a bit of paint transfer, but what annoys me most is the rear number plate and light assembly has been knocked off and is basically held on by the cable.

I'm going to try and repair it this arvo, but not liking my chances. Seems like a b*stard of a job as well, having to remove the inside rear door and all. Anybody have a rough idea of the replacement cost of the assembly from Toyota (dare I ask!?) or where I could get one in Sydney from a wrecker at short notice?
    Hope they are available, as toyota smashed mine yesterday during BULLBAR recall repairs.. :twisted:
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johna

Hope they are available, as toyota smashed mine yesterday during BULLBAR recall repairs.. :twisted:
    Hi Johna
    Where your Toyota guys confused about which end the Bull bar should be fitted to? :?
    SOUTH AUSTRALIA GATEWAY TO THE OUTBACK!
    2003 GXL V6 AUTO 120 CHAMPAGNE MICA [DUNE]
    LIST OF ACCESSORIES GROWING, WISH LIST SLOWLY DECLINING

Quote Originally Posted by foxclan
    Quote Originally Posted by johna

Hi Johna
    Where your Toyota guys confused about which end the Bull bar should be fitted to? :?
    Have a look here, only tells part of the story SO FAR. !
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10713
    John