Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What aftermarket radios will fit the top-slot of the 150 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What aftermarket radios will fit the top-slot of the 150 ?

Hi,

I have the standard toyota radio with CD and bluetooth and want to upgrade to a better one with DVD player and onscreen menue.

It looks like a double DIIN-slot there in the dash, but I am not sure. Aftermarked-Radios that are listed for the 120 seem not to be listed for the 150. Does anybody know what the problem fitting an aftermarked radio in the place above the aircondition is ? Is this something special ?

I dont want to tear my whole rig apart just to realize things wont fit .... :?

Thanks, Pete

Re: What aftermarked radios will fit the top-slot of the 150 ?

Pete,

The GX has the stereo in this position so any double din radio should fit. The face size is 200 x 100mm.
    2010 GX Turbo Diesel

Comment

Double din radios will fit in the upper slot of the gx, you just need the Toyota 'ears' to fill the small gap. Car audio stores have them. I ordered the gx upper radio surround and lower storage compartment to use in my vx. I have a kenwood 7360 in the top slot and my icon 400 in the storage compartment. Stock radio and screen are in closet for trade in time.

Comment

Thanks for the info, sounds good.

Are the two "plastic ears" you are talking about the two silver/golden pieces that a part of my dash ? Why eaxctly do I need those two parts new ? Is the DIN slot wider than the stock ?

Thanks Pete

Comment

Originally posted by greasy
          Thanks for the info, sounds good.

Are the two "plastic ears" you are talking about the two silver/golden pieces that a part of my dash ? Why eaxctly do I need those two parts new ? Is the DIN slot wider than the stock ?

Thanks Pete
          The standard toyota radio (as fitted to Hilux, GX Prado and a whole bunch of others) is slightly wider than DIN, so you fill the gap on the outside with these:

http://www.aerpro.com/list.php?pcode...ACKET&cat_sno=

Comment

Thanks for that great help.

Comment

Hi Schiff

You wrote
              Originally posted by Schniff
              I have a kenwood 7360 in the top slot and my icon 400 in the storage compartment.
              I also have a VX and am considering a similar set-up, but wondered how the new radio copes with the speaker set-up. With the stock radio, most of the sound comes through the centre speaker. Not sure if the centre speaker has its own amplifier or just bridges the sound of the left and right.

Can you let me know if the centre speaker still makes noise?!?

Cheers,
              Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Marco
                Hi Schiff

You wrote
                Originally posted by Schniff
                I have a kenwood 7360 in the top slot and my icon 400 in the storage compartment.
                I also have a VX and am considering a similar set-up, but wondered how the new radio copes with the speaker set-up. With the stock radio, most of the sound comes through the centre speaker. Not sure if the centre speaker has its own amplifier or just bridges the sound of the left and right.

Can you let me know if the centre speaker still makes noise?!?

Cheers,
                Marco
                I re-did the entire audio system, with new amps and speakers and do not utilise the centre speaker. I had a Tru-tech s45 amp (very nice amp), DLS mono amp and two Image Dynamics 8 inch subwoofers from my old 4by. I added Focal KR3 3 ways to the front doors and slightly cheaper focal two ways to the rear doors. I installed the S45 in the rear drawer unit and the sub amp is under the driver seat in place of the OEM amplifier. I integrated the factory reverse camera into the new head unit by splicing the wires and attaching an RCA plug. My system is a rolls royce solution, but you could get out of it for signicantly less than what I paid. You could just replace the factory amp and use the OEM speakers - they are not bad for factory.

If you were to use the factory amp located under the driver seat then the wires for the Left and Right that carry pre-out signals from the stock head unit would need to be spliced and RCA connecters soldered on. You would need to consult wiring diagrams to see what the signal flow is for fade control and other functionality too. It starts to get a bit complicated! Better to replace the factory amp I would think.

Another option is to install a head unit in the top slot, leave the factory radio in the bottom and connect the two via the aux connector on the centre console. Then you just select auxillary on the radio and it works as normal. The downside is you won't be able to replace the stock radio with the GX cubby hole for UHF. This may not be an issue if you are installing a remote head UHF.

Comment

well i have tracked these down and am going to fit as soon as have dollars together they are plug and play, as by the photos the screen replaces the top small screen and then the other part of the setup replaces the current cd player with dvd player, taken me a while but im happy with the look/integration of these but hey time will tell

2010 Blue Storm GXL Deisel Auto, HR towbar, uniden UHF, 270/65/17 BFG A/T, Delux ARB bullbar (FITTED), IPF Xtreme Spotties, Safari Snorkel (to come) Sungrabba mats (awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by gympiebrowns
                    well i have tracked these down and am going to fit as soon as have dollars together they are plug and play, as by the photos the screen replaces the top small screen and then the other part of the setup replaces the current cd player with dvd player, taken me a while but im happy with the look/integration of these but hey time will tell

Do you have a link so I can have a bit more of a look at the new set up or the name of the manufactor.
                    150 Prado D4D GXL Blue Storm, T13 TJM Bar, 265/70/17 Goodyear MTR Kevlar, Tigers11 1200 pound 2 speed Winch, Fox Shocks remote resevor, Air tec Snorkel, ARB Air Lockers Front and Back, Off Road Systems Draws with Drop Down Fridge Slide, Wetsuit seatcovers.

Comment

sorry here are more details and will attach more photos

8 inch digital touch screen, 800x480 High definition resolution OE Facceplate. Built-in GPS, With Intelligent Voice Guide, Route Plan, Advanced POI Management. DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MP4/CD-R/WMA/JPG/MPG. Radio(FM/AM)/RDS. Original Steering Wheel Compatibility..

Land Cruiser Prado GPS DVD Description
                      ID : 262367

Ford Car DVD could be the one which will bring fresh driving experience for you! The inspiration from the original car design makes it more comfortable and convenient for your installation, which can be done via the special power connect cable anytime. After that,you can enjoy a favorite song, listen to the radio or watch movies. Feel free to choose any extra car earphone or other accessaries. The built-in GPS and Dual zone function is presenting you the safe and woderful driving. There is also unique built-in parking Rear view system input that protects your necessary reversing. It depends on you whether to use the second source like the Headrest, Armrest or Roof-Mounted screen by the a/v-out built in it or not. Carrying this car entertainment system out will definitely be your best choice while traveling.

8 inch digital touch screen, 800x480 High definition resolution OE Facceplate
                      Built-in GPS, With Intelligent Voice Guide, Route Plan, Advanced POI Management
                      DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MP4/CD-R/WMA/JPG/MPG
                      Bluetooth with A2DP, Handfree set
                      Ipod Connectivity(Available for ipod NANO, Shuffle 3,etc)
                      Radio(FM/AM)/RDS
                      MP3/MP4 Player, Photo Brower, Notebook
                      Realtime Clock, Calendar
                      USB Direct Control,SD Card Direct Control
                      Original Steering Wheel Compatibility
                      While Navigation is running from front panel, back passagers Also can watch DVD from headreat monitor.
                      Language CustomizableEnglish/Arabic/Russian/Portuguese/Italian/Hebrew/Turkish/Czech/Spanish/German/Polish languages are available

FM/AM Radio Function
                      High sensitive digital Tuner with stronger signal supports FM/AM. With this function, you can search your favorite radio channel and enjoy the music during your driving. There are 32 stations in store for you to select.

Bluetooth Function
                      Bluetooth is an open wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances (using short length radio waves) from fixed and mobile devices, creating personal area networks with high levels of security. Today Bluetooth is managed by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group. Using Bluetooth to contact and transfer information is the main phenomenon as seen in car driving and mobile phone. Without any wire or phone bracket, the driver can also control the phone nearby via voice instruction while driving. To use this function, you need to match the mobile phone with the car audio first. Once there is a calling, you can answer via the audio easily, only by pressing one key or by voice. Use the dial keyboard while you need to give a call. It is safe and convenient especially when you drive on the road.

Ipod Function
                      The IPod is a portable media player designed and marketed by Apple. The standard IPod communication port is perfectly added in this DVD via special control cable, therefore, you can directly control the IPod by touching screen. The track name, playback and other status are the same as you use the single IPod.

USB/SD Function
                      Automotive Audio/Video Navigation system supports USB and SD Card. Each DVD product comes with a unique USB port and SD Card for connecting. While using, you can touch the USB/SD icon on the main menu and then enter the playback menu to browse pictures or enjoy music.

Auto rear viewing Function
                      This is designed for automobiles and other vehicles, allowing the driver to see rearward. It is believed that safety is the most important. With this auto rear viewing system, you can easily get to know the situation around your car. While parking, the car can be placed in safety.

4X45W amplifier
                      Generally,an amplifier or simply amp is any device that changes, usually increases, the amplitude of a signal. With it, it is convenient for you to control the DVD.

GPS and Dual zone
                      The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based global navigation satellite system that provides reliable location and time information in all weather and at all times and anywhere on or near the Earth when and where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.Dual zone means you can enjoy music or listening to the radio while using GPS. This offers safer and happier driving for you.

Can-Bus Steering wheel control
                      Realizing the Can-Bus steering wheel control originally and independently, you don`t have to be bored by mechanical control problems anymore.

Important Reminder:

1. This is specialized and specific for certain car model and car year; please kindly check your car model and car year with us (By providing us the dimension and photo of your car player slot) before making any purchase with us. This is because your car player slot may differ due to different region model and year of make.
                      2. Please do take note for ANY installations of parts & accessories on the interior/exterior of your vehicle are recommended to be done by any of your local Qualified carparts experts/individuals ONLY. This is to ensure proper handling during & after installation of the parts & accessories that may cause some mishandling that leads to damages/faulties, I-Pmart will not responsible to any unwarranted misuse/abuse by the customer.
                      3. Product specifications and contents subject to change without prior notice, actual product may differ slightly from picture shown.

Package Contains :
                      •1 x DVD player
                      •1 x Remote Control
                      •1 x USB Connector
                      •1 x iPod Cable
                      •1 x GPS antenna
                      •1 x Manual
                      •1 x Power Cable
                      •1 x Touch Pen
                      •1 x 2G SD Card

Product Specification

Power
                      12V allowable range:10.8-14.5V)

Grounding system
                      Negative pole type

Maximum consumption of current
                      15A

Weight
                      4.2kg

Color
                      As you see in the picture

Display screen

Size/horizontal-vertical ratio
                      8 inch/16:9

Pixel
                      800X480

Type
                      TFT active matrix

Color system
                      Full system

Range of operating temperature
                      -20 degree Celrius to 70 degree Celrius

Range of storing temperature
                      -30 degree Celrius to 80 degree Celrius

Angle regulation
                      0 degree Celrius to 50 degree Celrius

Audio Information

Maximum output power
                      45W x 4

Load impedance
                      4 ohms (allowable range:4-8 ohms)

Advance output level
                      4.0V/200 ohms

Encoder
                      Linear PCM/Dolby digital /Dolby professional edit 2/DTS

System Details

System
                      DVD audio, DVD video, VCD, CD, DTS CD and Mp3 system

Discs available
                      DVD audio disk, DVD video disk, VCD, CD, DTS CD

Number of tracks
                      2 (stereo), digital 6 tracks

MP3 encoding format
                      MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and Audio level 3

FM frequency range
                      87.5-108.0 MHZ

FM effective sensitivity
                      10 DB (S/N:30DB)

AM frequency range
                      531-1, 629KHZ(9KHZ)

AM effective sensitivity
                      30DB(S/N:20DB)

GPS System

Operating System
                      Win CE6.0

GPS Processor
                      Samsung S3C2440A-40

Main Frequency
                      400Mhz

EMS Memory
                      64MB

Support Map
                      TOMTOM
                      DestinAter
                      I-GO
                      Route 66
                      Finean
                      Smart2go

GPS Channel
                      20 Channels

Track sensitive
                      - 159dBm

MAX Support SD Card Memory size
                      4GB

GPS Map Soft
                      SD Card

Support audio
                      MP3/MP4/WMA

Support video
                      ASF/AVI/WMV/Divx

Video decode capability
                      QVGA>25VSYC/ S

Resolution
                      320x240/400x234/480x234/640x480(Choosed by the resistance)

GPS Antenna
                      27dB/come with Out ceramic GPS antenna(length:3M)

Communication
                      Port:COM2
                      BAUD Rate:9600

Unique Functions

GPS
                      Yes

Dual zone
                      Yes

Bluetooth
                      Yes

Ipod feature
                      Yes

3D Flash GUI
                      Yes

USB/SD Cards
                      Yes

Picture-in-picture
                      Yes

Auto rear viewing
                      Yes

Steering wheel control
                      Yes
                      2010 Blue Storm GXL Deisel Auto, HR towbar, uniden UHF, 270/65/17 BFG A/T, Delux ARB bullbar (FITTED), IPF Xtreme Spotties, Safari Snorkel (to come) Sungrabba mats (awesome)

Comment

am negotiating with manufacturer at moment on price

Comment

I would have thought you would be better off getting a unit that has radio/GPS/DVD, etc all in the one unit and then replace the current CD player with the storage box out of the GX. Someone else on here has done this, I think he has a VX.
                          2010 GX Turbo Diesel

Comment

Hmmm, if I had read all the posts above first I would have seen that Schniff had already given this info. ops:
                            2010 GX Turbo Diesel

Comment

For less than $600 this looks great value, wonder if there are any issues with Australian radio station frequencies like imported japanese cars.
                              [b]VX 150 D4D, Towbar, Dual Cameras for towing, TJM bullbar, DVD player with Sat Nav with 8" screen Electronic Rust Protection Chipit, drawer system and drop down fridge slide[/b]

[url="http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb140/rexie04/PradosSml.jpg"]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb14 ... dosSml.jpg[/url]

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                              mencisport.com
                              antalya escort
                              tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              gaziantep escort
                              gaziantep escort
                              asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                              erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                              atasehir escort tuzla escort
                              sikis sex hatti