Thread: NewPro-Tech Turbo Timer

NewPro-Tech Turbo Timer

Hi guys,

Having problems wiring this in. I have:

Green to Blue/Yellow and also to White/Green (both the wires which have power in the key on state, and no power in key off state)
    Red to the White/Red (but have also tried to the White/Blue which also has power on the whole time

The turbo timer activates correctly, but the motor turns straight off when the key is turned off. Accessories however are controlled by the turbo timer, and shut down after a minute..

Anyone with any ideas? - I have hit up the Newpro Tech support but nothing out of them yet

Thanks

Ivan

Re: NewPro-Tech Turbo Timer

can you post the wiring diagram.
    sounds like you have some wires going the wrong way

Blog Entries

I take it you didn't get the plug'n'play version of the turbo timer?

I do have the install info out here on the boat for mine, on my portable harddrive, somewhere. But it's in my cabin and can't go in there cos a day shift bloke is asleep.
    Will look at it later when i knock off, and see what I can come up with (if anything) and let you know, if noone has an answer before hand!

Edit: Can't locate the correct info, so unfortunately, can't help until i get home in 3 weeks.

Matt
    2007 D4D 120 GXL Automatic - BLACK

Got this sorted now guys - thanks to diagram from NewTech - can email if anyone wants

Am I right in thinking that this won't turn the headlights off (seems to turn everything else off ok..

good to see you got it sorted. No it won't turn the headlights off.
    Black 2003, TD, GXL Prado

So two things...

First - how can I make it turn the headlights off ?? - been quite a few years since I've had to think about doing this, and I've been caught out a couple of times already - must be a way!

Secondly, for those who also have had trouble installing, here is the email that I got from NewPro-Tech - pretty sure it's different to the original instructions!

Just turn the knob on the indicator stalk No just kidding!!! You will need to rewire the headlights I guess so they operate via the timer. Don't ask me how though.
    Black 2003, TD, GXL Prado