Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Camping

Quote Originally Posted by Terryy View Post
    Try the wikicamps app its free on android and iphone you can set it to show only free sites.
    http://www.wikicamps.com.au/
    That app is now $2.99. Still bugger all and it looks like the best one available.

I can concur the Wikicamps app is a bloody ripper, works on GPS so does not need the Internet, although some part of it does (comments for example seem to only show when you have 3G)

But works a treat shows all roadside stops, freecamps, carvan parks and how far away from you they are....just brilliant
    150 Silver Diesel GXL Auto with ECB Bullbar, Toyota Factory towbar, Black Widow Drawer system with Fridge slide and cargo barrier, GME UHF 3340 Radio, Waeco 50 Litre Fridge, Rhino Racks and Rhino Basket, ARB Awning, IPF XS Spotties, ABR Sidewinder Dual Battery system,Airtec Snorkel, Bilstien Shockies, King Springs, Poly Airbags and BFG A/T''s. Now towing a semi offroad Lotus Freelander 18.6 Van, with all the bells and whistles.

just downloaded wikicamps, great app for only $2.99!
    2012 4dr JK wrangler, 3.5" AEV lift, AEV mags, 35" muddies, front/rear arb bars, tjm sliders, pioneer platform and some other goodies

Quote Originally Posted by prado2004 View Post
    just downloaded wikicamps, great app for only $2.99!
    Been using it in our current travels, and rate it very highly. W have camps 7 too, but heaps more spots in wiki camps, and the recent reviews and comments are very handy.
    2009 White KDJ120R Manual fitted out for family camping and touring - See my Rig Build at http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...hy-s-Rig-Build

Cool, thanks for the WikiCamps info. Just downloaded!.

Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Mark from Brisbane View Post
    I can concur the Wikicamps app is a bloody ripper, works on GPS so does not need the Internet, although some part of it does (comments for example seem to only show when you have 3G)

But works a treat shows all roadside stops, freecamps, carvan parks and how far away from you they are....just brilliant
    There is a option is settings to pre download all info on camps (pictures/comments etc) for each state. We are into our oz trip and find this handy when we have no net and wanting to check out camps or CP prices for the next stops. Also have Camps 7 bible and Camps 7 POI in GPS. working really well for us.

Just went on itunes to check out wikicamps and the current price now is $7.49

Wiki camps suggested a great free camp last week, just outside Gloucester, Bretti Reserve. Paid for itself already.

Actually using it for reviews of paid sites too. User photos are good occasionally as they sometimes differ from the marketing ones!
    120 GXL D4D Auto, with a 'List of Wants' greater than the 'List of Needs' greater than the 'List of Haves'
    Nissan Patrol: Keeping Bogan's out of Toyota's since 1951

Free Camping

Sounds great BB. I'll see ya in two days
    I'll talk the spot behind woolies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Blake

04 Silver Diesel GXL with lots of stuff

I can fit in. I drink EB 🍻

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Blake

Blake

Looks like not many camping sites in Broome for a while....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-2...aviour/5905988

We'll just go bush were they came from - be plenty of room out in the bush by the sounds of it
    06 Prado GXL,V6 auto BLACK,MT STZ LT265/65/17,toyota sovereign bull bar.Because of Prado Point HAD to get - Lovells springs/Bilstein shocks-50mm lift,ScanGaugeII,Dig Options AVN11TP GPS Unit, Lifestyle rack, Hilux Jets,AMTS 55W HID Black Euro Spotties,AMTS tyre carrier spacer,AMTS radiator bash plate, AJ120 rock sliders,LEDLAD interior lights,AMTS LED sov.bar,AMTS recovery points,safari snorkel and pioneer platform -DAMM YOU PP!!

Don't get Dave started 😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Blake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast