Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Good service/dealers

Service done by fellow PP member and Toyota mechanic.

Thanks Peter for a job well done. I'm happy to travel 1 1/2 hrs for a quality job. Also thanks to GeoffO for the recommendation.

Cheers,
    Wags
    2005 GXL V6 4.0l, ARB Deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240 Blitz spotties, Uniden uh015sx UHF, Wind Cheetah 2.2m roof rack, Pro Comp All Terrain 265/70/R17, 2" lift from King Springs and Bilstien Shocks, Waeco CF-50, Warn Magnum winch, Dual batteries.

We have been using Windsor Toyota (NSW) since the beginning. We didn't buy the car from them, but they have given us excellent service I believe. I like to think I know when I'm being taken for a ride or being taken advantage of, especially as I'm "only a woman". But the service dept at Windsor Toyota have always treated me the same as they treat my husband, with respect. Their pricing hasn't been too bad either I don' think. We drive from Penrith to Windsor for it, and I think it's worth it.

Thank you Windsor Toyota, I think you're great!!

Lacey
    '07 D4D Prado GXL - Black, Auto, Reverse Sensors, Towbar, ARB Colour Coded Bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkel, BFG AT's, ORS drawer system with fridge slide, 40L Engel Fridge, Sandgrabba Mats, Black Duck Canvas Seat Covers, TrekTable, Bilstein premium suspension and polyairs, iCom UHF.

I recommend Pitstop 4X4 at Wynnum on Brisbane's bayside. I first heard about him through Roothy in 4WD Action. I had a transmission issue for which the local Toyota dealer quoted a very large amount. Mike kept the car for a few days and methodically worked through the problem and solved it for half the price.
    2004,GXL V6 Auto. ARB bullbar,IPF 900 spotlights, Milford cargo barrier, GME TX3400UHF, Coupler Tec, Cooper AT3's, Safari Snorkel, Dual batteries, King Springs and Bilsteins.

At the last service I was told the 80k would be $1,000.

As I had let my service times lapse the last service was at 73k at a cost of $600 ish. So the dealer wants another piece of me in 7k time!! Whilst understanding 80k is a big service for a petrol engine I remain Not Happy Jan - especially when I am looking to but a 150 off them.

Any recommendations on Brisbane north side most welcome
    Silver 2005 GXL Prado, Petrol, auto, gold plated rated recovery points, 60ltr Waeco, Vacation Camper, Gunyah side shade, 265/65 17R Pirelli Scorpian ATR tyres (x4) and 1 new Grand Crapper (spare), Max Air II plus still lots of recovery gear!! And PradoPoint sticker!!

Wish list - ARB steel bull bar, 2 inch lift, dual battery system, snorkel, milford cargo barrier, black widow rear draw system and rear lockers as well as new bash plates for the ones I have trashed. Oh and yes a 150!!!

Had my under a lease so had to use Dealer , feel just have to trust them that they are doing what they say . But now out of lease took mine to Robson Brothers 4WD in Welshpool for the 80k and was more than impressed , did get a call from Rob during the service asking me if I had been doing any thing under the bonnet as there were a few broken bolts that had temp repairs done to them ,ummm dealers :roll: !!! But can recommend Rob from Robson Brothers for those in Perth as he was recommended to me and will be using him from now on. Cheers Digger
    White GXL 150 TD , Black King Rims with BFG , 40 l Engal, Thumper power supply, Tracklander roof racks,Maxx Tracs , Icom ic440, Redex Brake Controller, Factory towbar, Sidewinder trailer charging system, Rock Tamer Mudflaps and Hema Navigator.Camprite TL8S

In Brisbane, I've found Downtown Toyota (Morningside) and Sci-Fleet (Taringa) both very good and professional. Downtown provide a discount for RACQ members on parts as well as labour. You just have to sk. (Can't remember if it's 5% or 10%.) I've got in the habit of phoning around several metropolitan dealers when I need a major service. I guess that's the luxury of being in a metropolitan area, but it's amazing how much they vary for a straight log book service.
    Travelman

Advanced Member

Sydney
    Merv Newby Automotive
    South St Rydalmere

Melbourne
    Stewy Davies Automotive
    Station ST Cheltenham

SCS 4wd
    Not sure of the adress they are on the net
    Dont list all ya mods, you will only be more upset when i get further

Like Lacey I went to Windsor Toyo though live in Penrith area. I first went to Penrith Toyo to look at buying a 120 but no, they said, don't have any, not even one to show the missus what a 120 looks like. But if you want to place an order...Are they kidding? So we drove straight to Windsor and they gave a test drive in one of their several brand newies, no problems and I signed on the dotted line. So I"ll get my services done there. After the first 10k service they rang me about 2 weeks later to see if I had any problems. Very happy so far.
    Cheers Jim.

2009 120 D4D VX auto, pearl white with matching ARB deluxe bar, 2" lift with OME springs & Nitro shocks, 9000lb Warn winch, BFG KO A/Ts, Alloy Rhino roof basket, Safari snorkel, 2 x Optima D27F batteries, Voltage booster from Leigh, Jawa off-road camper trailer.

We live in Ballina NSW andhave ordered our new prado from them. It will be ready for pick up om Tuesday. As we have sold our previous vehicle privately, they have given us a loan car for use over Easter and until we pick up the newbie......did not even have to ask......this is rare service I think!!
    Gunar
    Life Is Not A Rehearsal
    Silver GXL Redarc Twin Batteries Ironman Protector Bull Bar Toyota Tow Bar Rear 12v Outlet Prodigy Controller 12v Anderson Plug Roof Cross Rails Window Tinting Oricom CB

first toyota (had nissans all life) 1st grade service from salesman (scott) the service guys (spent an hour with me going over what can be customised with the remote) and Kylie and girls on front desk from MADILLS TOYOTA GYMPIE we usually leave our car for services when we drop kids at school and ythen need it by 1440 to pick kids up, they said they may at times have problems with our time frames sooooo here have a loan car (free) each time we service had nuthin like this from nissan highly recommend these guys...
    2010 Blue Storm GXL Deisel Auto, HR towbar, uniden UHF, 270/65/17 BFG A/T, Delux ARB bullbar (FITTED), IPF Xtreme Spotties, Safari Snorkel (to come) Sungrabba mats (awesome)

Just had our prado in yesterday for the 1000k inspection at Ballina Toyota. Once again the service was fantastic. A loan car was given, eventhough it was only in for a short period, a 3 year service schedule, including dates etc, and to top it off a bag of lollies as a thank you gift.........a lot of dealers could certainly learn a thing or two from them.....fantastic!!Very Happy
    Life Is Not A Rehearsal
    Silver GXL Redarc Twin Batteries Ironman Protector Bull Bar Toyota Tow Bar Rear 12v Outlet Prodigy Controller 12v Anderson Plug Roof Cross Rails Window Tinting Oricom CB

G,day ,
    First post, so here goes. Picked up the Prado today after having a dual Battery system installed By ARB Ballarat. Tony and the boys did a fantastic job. Highly recommended

Neville.
    He Who Laughs Last...........Didn't Get It

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast