Thread: UniChip for 1GR-FE

UniChip for 1GR-FE

I'm after some feedback on the UniChip for the 1GR-FE. I notice Stan has one.

What impact did the chip have on your average fuel consumption?

Roughly what price do people pay?

Cheers,

Drew.
    2005 Toyota LandCruiser GRJ120R Prado "Pilbara" (GX+) Petrol V6 5 Speed Auto, ARB AirLocker rear diff locker, Safari Snorkel, Bilstein Shocks, OME 2" Lifted Springs, PolyAir airbags, bash plates, Icom HF Transceiver, Uniden UHF CB, HID and LED lights, Black Duck seat covers, Tekonsha Prodigy trailer brake controller, Redarc Dual Battery Controller, ATS4X4 Side Steps/Rock Sliders.

Drew,

The Unichip will give you more power and torque, specially low down...
    If you take a standard 120 Prado load it up with bar, batteries,
    2" lift, bigger tyres, etc, etc it will drive with Unichip as quick+ vs
    the stock standard without the Unichip.

The fuel consumtion with /without is about the same ( I could not see the difference). The Unichip installers saythat there is 3% inmprovement in fuel economy.

Cost is was $1250 installed and tuned about 2 years ago...

My Prado Buildiup Since 2004
    2004 120 GXL V6 4sp Auto D694 LTs and MTRs with Kevlar (best of both worlds )

http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-metric/48063.png

Cool Stan.

Is that the dyno report for your 120?

The UniChip will have to wait given I phoned my local ARB dealer today and ordered my rear locker. :x

Thanks,

Drew.
    2005 Toyota LandCruiser GRJ120R Prado "Pilbara" (GX+) Petrol V6 5 Speed Auto, ARB AirLocker rear diff locker, Safari Snorkel, Bilstein Shocks, OME 2" Lifted Springs, PolyAir airbags, bash plates, Icom HF Transceiver, Uniden UHF CB, HID and LED lights, Black Duck seat covers, Tekonsha Prodigy trailer brake controller, Redarc Dual Battery Controller, ATS4X4 Side Steps/Rock Sliders.