Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Having said that though Andrew, I actually ran it to total empty - had a 10l in the boot.
    It went about 140k past 0 on the DTE.
    Still, I was trying to keep out of town as much as possible in the last hundred K's.....lol

I thought he did too...

Quote Originally Posted by topic97 View Post
    Funny, I always thought you had a Diesel for some reason.

Yeah I've done something similar to that before, not a good feeling when you are sitting at lights just waiting for it to splutter.....
    2016 2.8l 6spd Auto Prado Crystal Pearl VX, Dual Battery, Pro Racks, Towbar.

Quote Originally Posted by topic97 View Post
    Funny, I always thought you had a Diesel for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    I thought he did too...
    Now why would you guys think that?
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    Now why would you guys think that?
    I have no idea, just an assumption I guess.

.....and you know what they say about assumptions....

Advanced Member
    I'll add my long term average.... 15.5 over 195K, which has included about 35K towing windup camper. General use is suburban commuting with the occasional country run.

Hi Darren. I have a 2016 V6, 4 litre Prado Kakadu and the fuel consumption is pretty grim. I can get about 12.5 l/100k on the open road but it often gets above 15 in the city. Once you factor in 4x4 stuff then you are looking at more than 18. However, having said that, I bought the petrol V6 on purpose as I wanted the smoothness and overtaking power of the petrol engine which is fabulous. I would never trade what I have for the diesel engine for many reasons but this suits my circumstances as I lease my cars so save 0.48 cents in the dollar tax + GST on fuel so it is far cheaper for me. If you watch the fuel costs then you can often buy large quantities of cheap unleaded, whereas in the West, diesel does not vary in price much. I think it appears you will be paying more for petrol in the short term but the servicing and repair costs are cheaper in the long run. If you are buying a second hand Prado, then you may need to consider these extra maintenance costs as a few extra dollars a week in fuel is often easier to bare than a $10,000 engine upgrade!!!!! Drive the two versions side by side and buy what you prefer. I did this and the petrol motor won hands down for power, smoothness and quietness (but I do recognise the advantages of buying diesel as well).

Hi Darren. I have a 2016 V6, 4 litre Prado Kakadu and the fuel consumption is pretty grim. I can get about 12.5 l/100k on the open road but it often gets above 15 in the city. Once you factor in 4x4 stuff then you are looking at more than 18. However, having said that, I bought the petrol V6 on purpose as I wanted the smoothness and overtaking power of the petrol engine which is fabulous. I would never trade what I have for the diesel engine for many reasons but this suits my circumstances as I lease my cars so save 0.48 cents in the dollar tax + GST on fuel so it is far cheaper for me. If you watch the fuel costs then you can often buy large quantities of cheap unleaded, whereas in the West, diesel does not vary in price much. I think it appears you will be paying more for petrol in the short term but the servicing and repair costs are cheaper in the long run. If you are buying a second hand Prado, then you may need to consider these extra maintenance costs as a few extra dollars a week in fuel is often easier to bare than a $10,000 engine upgrade!!!!! Drive the two versions side by side and buy what you prefer. I did this and the petrol motor won hands down for power, smoothness and quietness (but I do recognise the advantages of buying diesel as well).

08 v6 just did a trip with my mate and completed 1354kms when the low fuel came on and used 12.3lph and thats on 91 unleaded im happy with that and smooth on the long flats with cruise on and have the power for the hills

Hi I've got an lpg tank as my rear tank and petrol as the tank under the middle of the car. Im trying to work out the fuel gauge as when i fill the petrol up it only ever goes to half on the dash gauge and starts going down from there. Is this normal??

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykec16 View Post
    Hi I've got an lpg tank as my rear tank and petrol as the tank under the middle of the car. Im trying to work out the fuel gauge as when i fill the petrol up it only ever goes to half on the dash gauge and starts going down from there. Is this normal??
    Doesn't sound right. Is the green 90L light on.
    If you don't know how the two tanks operate it is when both are full the fuel gauge will indicate full. To make the maths easy when the fuel gauge shows 3/4 you have one full tank and one half tank. As the gauge continues down to half you have half of your total capacity or 90L left. This is when the gauge will go back to full and the 90L light comes on and the gauge operates as per normal until the low fuel light comes on and you have 15-20L left.
    But some facts. The front tank is 87L, the rear 93L. The rear tank continually pumps fuel into the front tank. While you may have two tanks they operate as one large one and you can't select or fill only one.
    Now with having your rear tank removed and LPG installed I would have thought the front tank would have the 90L light on and the fuel gauge operates from full down to empty.

Give me back the fuel set up we had on both my old 90 series where I could fill which tank I wanted and could also decide which tank I wanted to empty first. Best set up in my opinion

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738