Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Fuel Consumption V6 Engine

The last few months has seen a vast improvement to economy. I changed to run only 98 Ron fuel, removed the Roofrack and keep tyres at 40psi. I would say this has seen an improvement of 1.5lph overall. I have not changed the way I drive - still give it a boot full every now and again.
    I used to average 16lph round town and 20-22lph towing the jayco.

I was never unhappy with previous figures, just thought I would pay some attention to it.
    Prado 120 petrol, front/rear airlockers, ome lift, arb winchbar, winch, ipf spots, Bfg muds km2's, UHF, awning, steel roofrack, buds sliders, rear drawers, extractors/exhaust, plus a heap of other crap.

The best fuel economy I have achieved was 12.5L/100km on highway driving, while I average about 17.5 in city driving. This is a stock prado.

I changed tyres with my highway terrains that are on my Hilux, slightly smaller diameter than the 265 KM2 and no difference at all in fuel consumption, it still sucks :lol:
    On average I'm a constant 21l/100, 4spd auto. Its will be getting traded in next year for sure.
    120 V6, with a little bit of this n that

21 WOW have you checked oxygen sensors ?? They can be known to be faulty problem is finding the dodgy one. Think there is 4 for memory.... Cheers Steve
    05 120 GXL Petrol V6 Auto, Toyota Alloy B/Bar Hilux Washer Jets Mod Euro Wiper Blades TJM Gold Edition Lift Bridstone D697's LT's TomTom GPS Weaco 50L Dashmat (no cracked dash as of yet) Sand Grabber Mats Rear cargo mat GME uhf driving lights.

Honestly Steve, Im over it, Just going to keep driving it for the rest of the year and try keep my money in my pocket (not testing for this n that). Shame really, she's been a fantastic truck, just don't know what to get next as I have 4 kids and the Prado is getter smaller as the family grows

Quote Originally Posted by 1tuff4b View Post
    don't know what to get next as I have 4 kids
    A vasectomy?
    Regards, Andrew.
    2003 Grande 4.0L V6, Pearl White|Sovereign bullbar|7" HID Euro beam|AJ120 sliders|AMTS bashplates, tyre spacer, Grande airbag spacer & diff drop kit|Bilstein 5100 & 5160 + Dobinsons C59-302|Rhino Platform Rack|Oricom UHF180|Fumoto engine oil valve|AT20s on Phoenix alloys|Wrangler MTRs on GXL alloys|Philips X-treme Power headlights and BlueVision parkers|SandGrabbas|Safari snorkel|Oztrail awning|Maxtrax|Hitch mount cargo carrier. My Rig Build up

LOLOL ....... Cheers Steve
    05 120 GXL Petrol V6 Auto, Toyota Alloy B/Bar Hilux Washer Jets Mod Euro Wiper Blades TJM Gold Edition Lift Bridstone D697's LT's TomTom GPS Weaco 50L Dashmat (no cracked dash as of yet) Sand Grabber Mats Rear cargo mat GME uhf driving lights.

Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    A vasectomy?
    HAHAHAHA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,done

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829