PDA

View Full Version : Forum Discount on CHIP-IT Chip

MidLifeCrisis
26-05-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.pradopoint.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis http://www.pradopoint.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?p=285138#post285138)

Read This Update first: As at 21 June 2011

"Those interested in getting 10% of the Chip-IT chip should PM the details below. Please note that the offer is valid for all orders placed up to and including the 21 July 2011 through this thread. The process is
(i). I will take the details and forward them to Rob at Chip-IT initially in groups of 10 or so. This does not constitute a purchase.
(ii). Rob will ring you to reconfirm and obtain your credit card or other form of payment. This step is the purchase.
(iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PM ME YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS as I have my own to pay

The details required by Rob are:
1. MAKE = Toyota
2. MODEL = Lancruiser Prado (90/120/150)
3. YEAR
4. ENG CAPACITY (eg 4L Petrol or 3L Turbo diesel)
5. AUTO OR MANUAL TRANSMISSION
6. PRODUCTS BEING ORDERED (eg Chip, Chip + EGT, etc)
7. TELEPHONE (mobile/home/work etc)
8. EMAIL ADDRESS
9. PAYMENT METHOD
10 Your Name

Please note the offer is restricted to PP members and their family and friends. It is not restricted to your Prado but is limited to vehicles they can supply chips for. Common sense really.

Finally, while I am happy to coordinate this, I do not warrant, guarantee or endorse the product except for my personal expereiences which I will post under my build up. As a particpant in this discount you acknowledge that my role is only to assist you to receive the discount. I confirm I am not affiliated or receiving any additional discount or benefit other than the 10% offered to members. Should this change I will immediately post any benefit whether by way of gift, gratuity or otherwise within 24 hours to this thread. (The things you do for free.....). I will drop numerous hints to Rob that these are warmly welcome.

Finally, this offer is not something supported by Pradopoint. This is being offered to members after my discussions with Robert of Chip-IT. Pradopoint, its administrators, moderators and members specifically have taken no part in this offer and have not endorsed or supported this offer in any way. In simple English, anyone purchasing the products do so at their own risk and in accordance with the terms, warranties and guarantees of Chip-IT only, to the express and implied exclusion of me and all associated with Pradopoint."

Original first post read as:

Kind of serious actually. Looks like I'm paying full price. Someone remind me to keep my future praise of the chip it to a half hearted effort. Something along the lines of grumble, bloody good chip, grumble, bloody goes well, grumble, grumble, had to sell my first born but worth it, grumble.....
Call me direct when u r ready MidLife ... Im sure I can work out a forum special if you can rustle up a few orders :)

PPers, this is a heads up. Of course I will be calling Robert tomorrow to see what can be arranged. In no way do I wish to influence anyone on which chip to buy. I have don my on research and read numerous posts on this forum. My decision is clear and I will be buying this chip including the EGT unit which I might add they have said is not necessary for my rig. The extract above comes from the following thread http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?20177-My-engine-chipping-experience-so-far I suggest anyone contemplating the CHIP-IT chip or any other chips read it as part of your research.

Anyone interested in the CHIP-It chip and considering a purchase in the next few months is invited to record that interest here so Robert can gauge that interest (rather than me telling him as he has taken the time to join our membership and amongst other things taken the time to answer queries. IMO this is a gutsy effort, but I leave it to anyone interested to draw their own opinions. To make this easy, I suggest simple posts such as the one following:

Cheers
Rob

MidLifeCrisis
26-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I am interested
Prado series: 120
Petrol or diesel: diesel
Year of manufacture: 2009
Interest: Chip and EGT unit
State: SA
Anticipated purchase date: June 2011:cool:

MidLifeCrisis
27-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Ok people. I have had a discussion with Robert from CHIP-IT. If you are in the market for their chip then it will be worthwhile recording that interest in this forum. Given this forum is veiwable by the public it probably in everyones interest not to state number of participants or discount rate, but in my humble opinion the number of participants is low and the discount worthwhile.

Cheers

Rob (MLC)

krypto
27-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I am planning to buy one for my 150 in the next few weeks.

MidLifeCrisis
27-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I am planning to buy one for my 150 in the next few weeks.

Krypto, worth your while providing the info as I have above.

LargeInAPrado
27-05-2011, 08:57 PM
I am interested
Prado series: 150
Year of manufacture: 2010
State: qld
Anticipated purchase date: June 2011:cool:

thanks midlife

AJ120
27-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Thinking, thinking. Any chance of PMing me the discounted price Rob?

Cheers Andrew

BNEGXL
28-05-2011, 07:47 AM
I am interested too
Interest: Chip and possibly EGT unit, depends on price
State: qld
Anticipated purchase date: June 2011

darecki
28-05-2011, 08:14 AM
I changed my mind and removed my post. Curious why? Look there: http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?21616-Inverter-upgrade-in-GXL

RED T UTE
28-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I am interested too
Interest: Chip and possibly EGT unit, depends on price
State: qld 4750

DGW
28-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I am interested, while not a priority on my wish list, I am interested.
State: NSW
Anticipated purchase date: June / July 2011

Thanks for organising Rob.

Dave

rhs58
28-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Well you can count me in as interested too
Been umming and aahhing since January, and this chip looks the goods to me
Prado series: 120
Year of manufacture: 2008
Interest: Chip and probably EGT unit
State: Qld
Anticipated purchase date: ???

jarrah7rally
28-05-2011, 07:20 PM
certainly intesrted but need to know how much
120 series
Diesel D4D
Year 2008
Interested in: Chip EGT & 3 inch exhaust from Manta - the whole kit !

Apparently the guys in WA (believe they originated form WA) also have close contact/development with Manta exhausts based out at kellerberrin

MidLifeCrisis
29-05-2011, 10:12 AM
certainly intesrted but need to know how much
120 series
Diesel D4D
Year 2008
Interested in: Chip EGT & 3 inch exhaust from Manta - the whole kit !

Apparently the guys in WA (believe they originated form WA) also have close contact/development with Manta exhausts based out at kellerberrin

Hi J7R
The guys t Clarkson were fitting a Manta exhaust and chip when I went there to visit. Not 100% on the relationship between them but do know most chip places recommend an exhaust upgrade to get the hot gases out.

I have my Manta order arriving in Adelaide Monday and once installed will be ordering the CHIP-IT chip and EGT.

Chip-IT are WA based as are the Manta boys. They have people in most states that will do the install. You being a sandgroper have the advantage of both being at your doorstep. :p

MidLifeCrisis
29-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Well people, there is certainly enough interest. Just need to make sure CHIP-IT can confirm enough sales. I will talk to Robert about how he wants to work the deal from here as obviously committing to purchase depends on the discount for most.

Not a bad effort so far for a forum that is not quite working at the moment! Expect once it is fixed there will be more interest. :)

Regards
Rob (MLC)

noahboy
29-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I am interested too
Interest: Chip and possibly EGT unit
State: wa

noahboy

MidLifeCrisis
29-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Bumped to get this out there following the new posts being reactivated.

Chip It
30-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks to Rob for organising.

May I suggest that Rob be the co-ordinator (as he is) and that he be allowed to gather the following that we need to process the orders for those interested:

MAKE, MODEL, YEAR, ENG CAPACITY, AUTO OR MANUAL TRANSMISSION, PRODUCTS BEING ORDERED, TELEPHONE, EMAIL ADDY + PAYMENT METHOD.

PLEASE DO NOT email through any credit card details. (you'd be surprised how many send us these details unsecured)

As the order details are sent through (by phone, fax or email) I will get in contact with each person to get their credit card details or will send an invoice through via email for those that wish to do a DD. (credit card payments attract 1.5% fees we get hit with). The emailed invoice will have our banking details

Looks like you will get ten orders pretty easily so I will discount the chip order by 10% up until 15th of June as an end of financial year special. $25.00 freight for all orders regardless of EGT controlled or non EGT controlled.

I will also send out a fuel limiter mod. This stops any limp modes due to the fuel limiter spring being too weak in any particular vehicle and coming off its seat causing the check light to come on. Doing this small mod means that you no longer need to back off the tunes but can actually increase the tune state. In any case, I will have full step by step details on how to do this with each chip that is ordered.

No doubt, the other chip manufacturers will figure this out in due cause but for now, Chip It are the dux of the class :) (I said "Dux" not "Dunce") ;)

MidLifeCrisis
30-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Those interested in getting 10% of the Chip-IT chip should PM the details below. Please note that the offer is valid for all orders placed up to and including the 15 June 2011 through this thread. The process is
(i). I will take the details and forward them to Rob at Chip-IT initially in groups of 10 or so. This does not constitute a purchase.
(ii). Rob will ring you to reconfirm and obtain your credit card or other form of payment. This step is the purchase.
(iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PM ME YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS as I have my own to pay

The details required by Rob are:
1. MAKE = Toyota
2. MODEL = Lancruiser Prado (90/120/150)
3. YEAR
4. ENG CAPACITY (eg 4L Petrol or 3L Turbo diesel)
5. AUTO OR MANUAL TRANSMISSION
6. PRODUCTS BEING ORDERED (eg Chip, Chip + EGT, etc)
7. TELEPHONE (mobile/home/work etc)
8. EMAIL ADDRESS
9. PAYMENT METHOD.
10. Your Name (first & Last)

Please note the offer is restricted to PP members and their family and friends. It is not restricted to your Prado but is limited to vehicles they can supply chips for. Common sense really.

Finally, while I am happy to coordinate this, I do not warrant, guarantee or endorse the product except for my personal expereiences which I will post under my build up. As a particpant in this discount you acknowledge that my role is only to assist you to receive the discount. I confirm I am not affiliated or receiving any additional discount or benefit other than the 10% offered to members. Should this change I will immediately post any benefit whether by way of gift, gratuity or otherwise within 24 hours to this thread. (The things you do for free.....). I will drop numerous hints to Rob that these are warmly welcome.

Finally, this offer is not something supported by Pradopoint. This is being offered to members after my discussions with Robert of Chip-IT. Pradopoint, its administrators, moderators and members specifically have taken no part in this offer and have not endorsed or supported this offer in any way. In simple English, anyone purchasing the products do so at their own risk and in accordance with the terms, warranties and guarantees of Chip-IT only, to the express and implied exclusion of me and all associated with Pradopoint.

Chip It
01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
very well posted MidLife'

Covers all points.

hints received ... over and out ! :)

MidLifeCrisis
01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Got your messages Krypto

krypto
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks, I kept getting an error message

rhs58
02-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Have PM'd my details.
Thanks to MLC for his efforts.
Will proceed with a purchase, but...
....am undecided between Chip alone, or Chip + EGT.
Already have 2.75 inch Beaudesert exhaust after wrecking the original in the Vic High Country.
Might just start with the Chip, and upgrade later if I want even more power and torque.
Interested to hear how much more than standard I'll get out of chip alone, compared with chip + EGT.
Cheers
Ron

MidLifeCrisis
02-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Have PM'd my details.
Thanks to MLC for his efforts.
Will proceed with a purchase, but...
....am undecided between Chip alone, or Chip + EGT.
Already have 2.75 inch Beaudesert exhaust after wrecking the original in the Vic High Country.
Might just start with the Chip, and upgrade later if I want even more power and torque.
Interested to hear how much more than standard I'll get out of chip alone, compared with chip + EGT.
Cheers
Ron

Ron
I think the EGT just tells you (visually) your Emission Gas Temperature. It does not add power, the chip does all that fancy stuff. You probably don't need the EGT, however when Robert from CHIP-IT calls just discuss with him.

Regards

Rob

rhs58
02-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Ron
I think the EGT just tells you (visually) your Emission Gas Temperature. It does not add power, the chip does all that fancy stuff. You probably don't need the EGT, however when Robert from CHIP-IT calls just discuss with him.

Regards

Rob

I understand that EGT monitor allows me to run a higher level of tune with the chip than without monitor, and if the EGT exceeds a certain parameter, then chip reduces the level of tune to prevent potential damage occurring.
Cheers again
Ron

MidLifeCrisis
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
First batch of 5 sent to Chip-It today. As agreed with Robert they are forwarded in groups of 5. I have confirmed those sent with the individuals.

Part way through the second batch already. Anyone except darecki that has not got a confirmation back please provide the updated required information.

MidLifeCrisis
05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
2 more names and the next batch get sent to Chip-It.

Just a reminder that the discount expires 15 June.

This is a 10% discount on the chip-it product so don't miss out.

Cheers

Rob

Andy_B
05-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Do chipit produce a 1kz-te chip yet, cause I might be intrested if they did.

MidLifeCrisis
05-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Do chipit produce a 1kz-te chip yet, cause I might be intrested if they did.

I believe they do, BUT I am not sure. There is one long time knowledgeable member in the current batch that has a 1KZ. He has had some difficulty establishing if the chip will work. If your interested then I can add you and between you and him you can work it out 100%. I will PM your details.

Andy_B
06-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I might just hold off. I might go down the exhaust road first.

Andy

Bushbasher
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm in. PM sent. Lokka will have to wait until next month.

MidLifeCrisis
07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
7 June 2011 Update:
All received interests have been forwarded to Rob. After speaking to him, he advised he has been away for a few days and will be calling today.

Apologies for the delay guys.

Any new persons interested please post here and forward your details as per the first post by PM to me. I regularly matchg up this page to the PM's

Regards

Rob

DGW
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Had my call from Rob this afternoon. All my questions suitably answered and hopefully, should have my chip next week sometime.

Then I can start on the other bits I want for the 150 :)

jaywindy
11-06-2011, 04:02 PM
I would be interested but their website does not list a chip or any details regarding the 1KZ engine, Is this available??

Jay

OppyLock
13-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm in. Using a 150 Kakadu D4D as a tow vehicle the Chip-It should pay for itself in no time flat.

Actually thinkin' of driving from Melbourne to Perth to pick it up/get it installed and then around to Darwin as a direct before and after comparo.
(Yeah I know that sounds mad, but I'm doing the big lap starting in a few weeks anyways)

MidLifeCrisis
13-06-2011, 09:21 PM
I would be interested but their website does not list a chip or any details regarding the 1KZ engine, Is this available??

Jay

Yes Jay, there are a few orders for this motor type. Please refer to a previous post on this question. I will also ask Chip-it to post a specific reply to your question on this thread.

Chip It
14-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Jay,

Yes we do have chips available for the 120 Series as well.

We have done many 120's Jay.

Cheers

Robert

rags
14-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi Jay,

Yes we do have chips available for the 120 Series as well. Please feel free to check out Click here and see the first Dyno sheet (http://www.chipit.com.au/chipped_vehicles/chipped-vehicles/toyota/prado-with-d4-d?srchmake=74&srchmodels=2404)

We have done many 120's Jay.

Cheers

Robert
Robert
The link attached only shows info on the 120 /150 series model with the D4D CRD motor.Jays question relates to the availability of a chip to suit the 1kz motor which is non CRD,and is found in the pre 11/06 120series and the 90 series before that, and also of interest to me as as well
Russ

rambo
14-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I am interested
State: Vic
Anticipated purchase date: July 2011

jaywindy
14-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi Robert, as stated by russ in the previous post, I am after a chip for a 1Kz engine, not a D4D engine, is this available yet, ?
If so pls send details,

Regards

jay

Robert
The link attached only shows info on the 120 /150 series model with the D4D CRD motor.Jays question relates to the availability of a chip to suit the 1kz motor which is non CRD,and is found in the pre 11/06 120series and the 90 series before that, and also of interest to me as as well
Russ

Bushbasher
14-06-2011, 07:12 PM
The bloody bank has returned my payment and it's cost me $10!!!!

Chip It
15-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Sorry Guys. There was confusion on my part re the 1KZ. This engine still uses our standard Chip however we need to use the PWM signal that the chip is capable do producing. (Its part of the chip set up and thus will be able to be used on the common rail vehicle if you ever upgrade to it. I was confused regarding this, so again, my apologies.

At this stage only the auto 1KZ can be chipped. For the manual we are getting overrun on gear change so no can do at the moment. It still has the option of EGT control and MAP control

Chip It
15-06-2011, 12:07 PM
The bloody bank has returned my payment and it's cost me $10!!!!

Don't know what happened there except a digit was out.

Chip It
15-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Rambo call us when you're ready

Cheers

I am interested
State: Vic
Anticipated purchase date: July 2011

rhs58
15-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Been for a test drive in a Chipit'd Prado....Holy Mother of God!!!!!
Much much better than I expected.
And can still dial it up further........
Very impressed.
Cheers
Ron

jaywindy
15-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Pity about that, my 1KZ is a manual, looks like i will have to get a Tunit or DP chip.
Sorry Guys. There was confusion on my part re the 1KZ. This engine still uses our standard Chip however we need to use the PWM signal that the chip is capable do producing. (Its part of the chip set up and thus will be able to be used on the common rail vehicle if you ever upgrade to it. I was confused regarding this, so again, my apologies.

At this stage only the auto 1KZ can be chipped. For the manual we are getting overrun on gear change so no can do at the moment. It still has the option of EGT control and MAP control

Brooksy_95
15-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm in the same boat jaywindy. Wondering if Robert has a view on which chip suitable for the 1KZ manual is better.......

notime
15-06-2011, 10:42 PM
count me in if its not too late. PM sent.

Schaffer
15-06-2011, 10:45 PM
There is a new Chip It chip that will be released real soon for the 1KZ and should suit the manual.

LargeInAPrado
15-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Got mine on Tuesday thanks Robert

report to come with just chip and EGT, then with muffler replacement and then with complete exhaust replacement.

looks good from a quick peruse over the kit and info

cheers
Mike

MidLifeCrisis
16-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Thursday afternoon bump. Week 3 list goes to Chip-It Friday morning so get your PM's tonight.

Thanks

Rob (MLC)

On another note, my chip and EGT get installed Wednesday. I was going to do it myself but CBF after the effort with the 3 inch exhaust.

Schaffer
16-06-2011, 05:22 PM
On another note, my chip and EGT get installed Wednesday. I was going to do it myself but CBF after the effort with the 3 inch exhaust.
From reading your posts Rob it dosn't look like you have done any your self. You just pass the tools to Matt lol

Would hate to see what happens if Matt isn't around and something goes wrong

MidLifeCrisis
16-06-2011, 08:32 PM
From reading your posts Rob it dosn't look like you have done any your self. You just pass the tools to Matt lol

Would hate to see what happens if Matt isn't around and something goes wrong

Hey Schaffer

Actually I took the bloody thing of except for a small pipe at the front which I left for Matty. Not really asking much, he only had to undo 3 easy peesy little bolts. I mean ignoring the numerous posts describing how this is an absolute prick of a job, how hard could removing 3 bolts be?

He did put all all on after, but in my defence I was at work carrying the responsibility of making sure SA and the greater Australia survives the GFC....

I will ignore the fineprint lol

Foot note: Someone needs to supervise!

Chip It
16-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Tune It and DP (and Roo and Rapid) all use the very same chip!

Flip open a 4WD Action mag and check their product pics ... all the same ... just a difference sticker on the box.

They import them from Europe ... so all your $$$ are heading out of the country whichever way you do it. :-(

Chip It
16-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Correct. I have never fitted one. I dont fit much these days ... I just tune and write up reports. Always stuck behind a dog gone computer!! Justin, Dean and Adam do all the fit ups. BTW, who is Matt?

Guys also we have some good news.

We are also closer to getting the RF interference issue sorted with the Prado 120 and 150. It is 100% now an RF filtering issue. We have some parts on order (ferrite clamps) that gives us the filtering we need.

For an explaination of what these ferrites are and how they work: Click Here (http://www.ehow.com/facts_7234703_ferrite-clamp_.html)

It is a simple fix but trying to nail it home has been difficult as we needed to find the right strength ferrite. What all the customers that had trouble with stalling issues etc (with our chip and also DP, Tuneit Roo etc) were experiencing is related to RFI. This was either in the form of UHF transmissions (ie using a walkie talkie in the cabin) or some other random RF signal and could also be injector noise depending where the chip was mounted. As mentioned, not all customers experienced this problem but too many for our liking.

If you have experienced this issue with our chip, feel free to send it back to us for rectification. We will even pay for postage.

Any questions ... please ask me.

Cheers

Brooksy_95
16-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Robert is Schafer' previous post correct then, that you are still working on a chip that will suit the 1KZ manual?

MidLifeCrisis
17-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Batch number 3 sent to Chip-It.

All PM's this week should be called today.

Batch number 4 interest now being recorded.

Regards

Rob

Schaffer
17-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Correct. I have never fitted one. I dont fit much these days ... I just tune and write up reports. Always stuck behind a dog gone computer!! Justin, Dean and Adam do all the fit ups. BTW, who is Matt?

Sorry Rob, my comments wasn't at you. It was at MidLifeCrisis.

Schaffer
17-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Robert is Schafer' previous post correct then, that you are still working on a chip that will suit the 1KZ manual?
My understanding is that the engineer, Andre, is working on the new chip which will be released very very soon. I also believe that this addresses the current issue with the manual. My understanding that there is no significant change, performance wise, for the auto from old to new.

Madkore
17-06-2011, 03:03 PM
My understanding that there is no significant change, performance wise, for the auto from old to new.

Schaffer - what do you mean by this comment? Its a bit misleading/confusing.

Schaffer
17-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I've spoken to Justin at Chip IT and he suggested that from a performance perspective the old and new chip will delivery about the same performance in an Auto. He implied that the new chip was more about resolving the issue experienced with the manual altough there are other features available. I don't have any connection to Chip IT other than annoying Robert over the past twelve months and a phone call to Justin last week. Take my comments with a pinch of salt. if you really want the full answer then ring them up on 1800 78 48 82.

DGW
17-06-2011, 09:20 PM
My chip arrived a couple of days ago, along with my duel battery setup from Sidewinder and picking my towbar tomorrow, I have a busy few weekends coming up.

As it is my birthday this weekend, I have to allow time for enjoying in a few cold ales, so may not get too much done but who knows, the temptation to add the new bits to the car may be greater and the car is next to the beer fridge in the garage :)

MidLifeCrisis
18-06-2011, 12:33 AM
My chip arrived a couple of days ago, along with my duel battery setup from Sidewinder and picking my towbar tomorrow, I have a busy few weekends coming up.

As it is my birthday this weekend, I have to allow time for enjoying in a few cold ales, so may not get too much done but who knows, the temptation to add the new bits to the car may be greater and the car is next to the beer fridge in the garage :)
Its your birthday, do both!!! Drink and install, take ur time and have fun. (get the wife to test drive just in case, you dont want to hurt yourself on your birthday)

jaywindy
20-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I would be interested in the chip when the 1kz chip becomes available, will it be tested properly to ensure the issues with the manual have been fixed, let me know with details when available including $$

regards

Guys also we have some good news.

We are also closer to getting the RF interference issue sorted with the Prado 120 and 150. It is 100% now an RF filtering issue. We have some parts on order (ferrite clamps) that gives us the filtering we need.

For an explaination of what these ferrites are and how they work: Click Here (http://www.ehow.com/facts_7234703_ferrite-clamp_.html)

It is a simple fix but trying to nail it home has been difficult as we needed to find the right strength ferrite. What all the customers that had trouble with stalling issues etc (with our chip and also DP, Tuneit Roo etc) were experiencing is related to RFI. This was either in the form of UHF transmissions (ie using a walkie talkie in the cabin) or some other random RF signal and could also be injector noise depending where the chip was mounted. As mentioned, not all customers experienced this problem but too many for our liking.

If you have experienced this issue with our chip, feel free to send it back to us for rectification. We will even pay for postage.

Any questions ... please ask me.

Cheers

MidLifeCrisis
21-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Members
Robert has agreed to extend the discount to 21 July 2011. To obtain a 10% discount please refer to the first post.

Regards

Rob (MLC)

LeighW
22-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi Rob,

As PM'd

1. MAKE = Toyota
2. MODEL = Lancruiser Prado 120
3. 2008
4. 3L D4D Turbo diesel
5. 5 Speed AUTO TRANSMISSION
6. Just the chip thanks
7. DD
8.Vic

Again thanks for your efforts in obtaining this great deal.

Cheers
LeighW

jaywindy
22-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi rob is the discount still available as I see that the pre common rail chip has now been released,
https://www.chipit.com.au/products-page/diesel-mods/pre-common-rail-dps315-performance-module/

My vehicle is a 1Kz 2005 manual just after the chip only.

Thanks

Jeff

MidLifeCrisis
22-06-2011, 06:40 PM
OMG! This chip is the best money I have spent. Looking forward to overtaking the petrol v6 while towing the camper trailer. Will post pics this weekend on my build up page.

MidLifeCrisis
22-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi rob is the discount still available as I see that the pre common rail chip has now been released,
https://www.chipit.com.au/products-page/diesel-mods/pre-common-rail-dps315-performance-module/

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff please pm me the details as per the first post, thanks

Chip It
23-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank MIDLIFE .... he organised from start to finish.

:)

Hi Rob,

As PM'd

1. MAKE = Toyota
3. 2008
4. 3L D4D Turbo diesel
6. Just the chip thanks
7. DD
8.Vic

Cheers
LeighW

Chip It
23-06-2011, 05:33 PM
for the 1KZ auto yes.

This will use the common rail chip's extra function of pulse width modulation signal.

The full on pre common rail chip does not have this function

Thanks

Jeff

switched
23-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Rob,
Can you clarify what sort of fuel savings we can expect for a D4D 120s?
Currently using the scanguage im doing 13L/100km (usually around 12.0-12.5L/100km during the summer months).

Im not towing, so not after huge power increases, but that would be nice!
Jase

Bushbasher
23-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Finally collected my chip and egt from Justin at ChipIt Clarkson (WA). What a great bloke - went out of his way to show me a ton of stuff and help with me with another project. Now to find time to fit all this stuff.

Schaffer
24-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Rob,
Currently using the scanguage im doing 13L/100km (usually around 12.0-12.5L/100km during the summer months).

Jase
Jason, that will depend on how you dive. If you are punchy with your right then you might not get any fuel savings with a chip but you would have a lot more additional power available to you regardless of it being Chip IT, DP, Tunit, Roo Systems, Steinbauer, etc...

MidLifeCrisis
26-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I agree with Schaffer. Expect I will stop dragging Maserati's, Porches and Monaros in a few weeks and then work out my fuel savings hehe.

Have posted some pics of the chip and EGT install in my build up section. (per my signature)

Will probably put it on a dyno in a few weeks, however, the results need to be read as a standard setting. The guy that fitted it said he had a custom tune he would put in for free if I wanted. Sweeeeet!

MidLifeCrisis
26-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi Rob,

As PM'd

1. MAKE = Toyota
3. 2008
4. 3L D4D Turbo diesel
6. Just the chip thanks
7. DD
8.Vic

Cheers
LeighW

Leigh, this is the old info, new one is at the top and requires your phone number so Robert at Cip it can call you. Alternatively pm him "Chip-It"

Cypress
26-06-2011, 11:13 PM
I fitted a chip-it to my d4d on saturday. Prior to this my scangauge tells me that i have been averaging 11 to 11.5 or there abouts.. By fitting this chip, would this alter the settings on the scangauge [ different fuel flow etc ] ?

I love the power but just cant believe the economy

LeighW
27-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Cypress,

Scanguage will no longer be accurate as the engine management system no longer knows the
actually fuel usage. I would imagine after awhile you'll get an idea of the correction factor needed
to be applied to your scanguage readout to work out the actually fuel useage.

Cheers
LeighW

Chip It
28-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Actually it is an active process. When temps start to rise too high the EGT Controller will detunethe chip (to standard factory spec) so that temps start to lower. When the temps get down to 500 degrees Cel the power tune is reinstated. The visual display is just for bling ... but good bling :)

Its a great way to add engine protection to the power package.

Cheers

Rob

Ron

Regards

Rob

Chip It
28-06-2011, 09:48 AM
yep ... uaually they are out by around 1 litre per 100.

Best to do a bowser to kms reading for a few tanks to prove what it is on your vehicle.

I fitted a chip-it to my d4d on saturday. Prior to this my scangauge tells me that i have been averaging 11 to 11.5 or there abouts.. By fitting this chip, would this alter the settings on the scangauge [ different fuel flow etc ] ?

I love the power but just cant believe the economy

Chip It
28-06-2011, 09:51 AM
most people tell us they get around 7-10% fuel savings (actual) ... the on-board trip computer may say other.

I drive hard so I don't get these fuel savings ... I get around 5%. Justin drives even harder ... always and he doesn't save a cent during those times :)

Rob,

Jase

Chip It
28-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Jaywindy can u pls call me on 0412 304030

Cheers

I would be interested in the chip when the 1kz chip becomes available, will it be tested properly to ensure the issues with the manual have been fixed, let me know with details when available including $$

regards

Chip It
28-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Link to MLC's build

CLICK HERE (http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?19681-Rig-Build-120-D4D-Grande-MLC/page9)

Brooksy_95
29-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Robert

Any update on how the testing is going with the chip for the 1KZ chip for the manual?

Thanks

Chip It
01-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I'll have more info in about 3 weeks.

Looks like boost control wont be included. EGT control will be there.

MUMSRIG
01-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Hey there Rob,

Been chatting to a mate of mine who is becoming one of your agents. Ramp Auto Group.

Have also been following this thread to see what happens as well as the threads on Perth4x4... I was actually the one who stood up for you on there.. Bunch of jerks!!

Anyways, after reading a fair bit I through MUMSRIG onto the dyno and found that we were only getting around 7KW @ the wheels of benefit... This was at 2800RPM at 90KPH. MUMSRIG has the full 3" Mandrel stainless MANTA system with EGT port and a UNIFILTER fitted. I just had the injectors serviced and the manifold cleaned out, so she's running sweet now.. The Mrs was concerned with the fuel consumption as was I, so anything we can do to better that, then bring it on!

What sort of benefits are we looking at out of your chip in the 1KZ auto? Power and economy wise?

Cheers

Mitch

Chip It
04-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Power will always be around 30% torque increase and fuel savings ... cannot guarantee but most customers report around 7 - 10% better economy.

Hope this helps and thanks for your help on Perth 4x4 ... people will always have a shot when they cannot get their heads around something or cannot better the results.

LeighW
17-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi all,

Just wonder what you who have D4D's and standard exhaust systems have set your EGT alarms at?

Cheers
LeighW

Bushbasher
17-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey Rob, in the box is the 1mm disc but there's also another blank disc with no hole. What's that for?

Schaffer
18-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey Rob, in the box is the 1mm disc but there's also another blank disc with no hole. What's that for?
Sounds like the EGR blanking plate but can't be sure without seeing this. I know the EGR plate for the 200 has a hole about 3mm in size to allow some exhaust gases to pass through otherwise an alarm goes off.

MUMSRIG
18-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Saw these guys down at the 4x4 and Offroad Show on the weekend... Massive difference between the chips...

Justin had the boys run up the Triton with several different plug and play chips and then whacked theirs in... What a difference!! Huge amount of power and torque over all the name brand chips...

Congrats guys... We will be signing up for a chip in MUMSRIG next month hopefully...

Mitch

Chip It
19-07-2011, 08:55 AM
you probably are looking at the fuel limiter disc. Check the little USB thumb drive for instructions on that.

barryswanson
19-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Hey Rob, any chance of a forum discount on exhaust systems?

Chip It
19-07-2011, 02:12 PM
ummm ...

Would we be looking at 3" Stainless Steel, full system (turbo back), Mandrel bend with muffler? We would need to do with and without cat to swing both ways.

Does that sound about right?

Lets see if you can get 10 plus orders ... I will match the 10% off forum discount as this would allow me to pass on a dealer discount.

Someone would need to coordinate it.

MidLifeCrisis
19-07-2011, 02:59 PM
If no-one puts there hand up I will do it and run it as part of the chip/EGT schedule. That is I note the details, collate and submit to Rob at chip it each Friday morning. Now need to work out how to blank my EGR.... and how to remove my very neatly installed chip for the next service....

Chip It
21-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi guy. I am going to stop taking orders for the 150 Prado at this time. Looks like the error code that is affect SOME owners needs a little more attention. Sorry for this but we thought we had this licked. I will give more details when they become available

Cheers

barryswanson
21-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi guy. I am going to stop taking orders for the 150 Prado at this time. Looks like the error code that is affect SOME owners needs a little more attention. Sorry for this but we thought we had this licked. I will give more details when they become available

Cheers

Hey Rob speaking of error codes I can get the "large fuel leak detected" code up every time with out fail if I do this; start vehicle and accelerate hard from a stand still as soon as foot comes off pedal lights come up. But if I let it idle for thirty seconds or give it a light rev in neutral it won't happen. My theory is an air bubble in the fuel circuit causing throwing the limiter switch or something like that. I'd like to here what your thoughts are on this. Other than that scenario the fault lights never come up.

Chip It
23-07-2011, 07:58 PM
We believe it is a voltage fluctuation.

We are trailing a new voltage supply straight from the CR sensor. This will give us a stable 5 volts that the 150 ECU wants to see (we believe)

I will report back soon

barryswanson
23-07-2011, 08:19 PM
We believe it is a voltage fluctuation.

We are trailing a new voltage supply straight from the CR sensor. This will give us a stable 5 volts that the 150 ECU wants to see (we believe)

I will report back soon

Wicked. Do we send our harnesses back?

Chip It
25-07-2011, 08:28 PM
this update will only fit those whom are having troubles with the product. If yours is NOT affected, you will not be advantaged whatsoever. In fact 2 replays from within the board a re now missing from the new chip as we no longer need to power down from 12 volts to 5 volts.

This fix is to correct the issue IN A SMALL percentage of vehicle that the Chip can cause to go into limp .... no than likely at the most inopportune times. To those that this has been experienced by, please allow me to say sorry for any hair raising experiences or out right dangerous times that it can happen. We are seriously all hands to the pump to see what cane be done to overcome this. The 12 v to 5v circuit for the PRADO may be the issue.

I also wish to thank the forum guys that have been able to help diagnose the issue and put their collective efforts together to allow us to trial different scenarios on their vehicles. It is really only from the support of people like you that allow us to press on to get this licked.

Remember this issue only occurs to the few, not the majority, but to those ... thanks guys.... we really appreciate the patients and long suffering. two thumbs up

Chip It
25-07-2011, 08:31 PM
This update will only fit those whom are having troubles with the product.

If yours is NOT affected, you will not be advantaged whatsoever. In fact 2 replays from within the board a re now missing from the new chip as we no longer need to power down from 12 volts to 5 volts.

This fix is to correct the issue IN A SMALL percentage of vehicle that the Chip can cause to go into limp .... no than likely at the most inopportune times ... of course :oops:.

To those that have experienced this, please allow me to say sorry for any hair raising experiences or outright dangerous times that it has happen to. We are seriously all hands to the pump to see what cane be done to overcome this. The 12 v to 5v circuit for the PRADO may be the issue.

I also wish to thank the forum guys that have been able to help diagnose the issue and put their collective efforts together to allow us to trial different scenarios on their vehicles. It is really only from the support of people like you that allow us to press on to get this licked.

Remember this issue only occurs to the few, not the majority, but to those ... thanks guys.... we really appreciate the patients and long suffering. ;)

MidLifeCrisis
09-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Ladies and Gents (and others)

Just spoken to Rob from Chip-it who advised the discount to PP members is alive and well to the end of October.
Please PP me as per the first post if yo would like to take advantage of this offer.

Regards

mlc

NOTE: all you guys that have struggled top keep up with me while I tow my camper trailer should now take advantage of this opportunity. As for you petrol boys, well my apologies, the chipped vehicles will continue to wait for you at the internmittent rest stops. :)

MUMSRIG
09-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Ladies and Gents (and others)

Just spoken to Rob from Chip-it who advised the discount to PP members is alive and well to the end of October.
Please PP me as per the first post if yo would like to take advantage of this offer.

Regards

mlc

NOTE: all you guys that have struggled top keep up with me while I tow my camper trailer should now take advantage of this opportunity. As for you petrol boys, well my apologies, the chipped vehicles will continue to wait for you at the internmittent rest stops. :)

Here here.... I can't believe how much more grunt MUMSRIG has now after the Chip It install.... Smokes the tyres now!!

Just had it tuned again on the dyno by Dean during the week to knock a bit of power out of it in an attempt to get the best compromise of powerVeconomy for our trip towing the camper.... I think we have now accomplished that! Still goes like stink but will hopefully give us the best ltr per klm.

Just waiting on the software upgrade now so that we can run 2x maps and switch between the 2x at will... Want more power? YES... OK, 'switch'.... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

MidLifeCrisis
09-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I really got to get off my fat butt and custom my tune. I only have it at 3 atm, but still towed over a tonne and easily overtook on a trip to and from border track to Adelaide.

Mitch, it took me a while to "settle down" to drive like a responsible adult instead of a bit racey. My bad i Guess.

MUMSRIG
09-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Mitch, it took me a while to "settle down" to drive like a responsible adult instead of a bit racey. My bad i Guess.

Hence the reason for the softer tune!! LOL ;)

AJ120
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM

Ahem, excuse me! Who was struggling to keep up with who on the border track? I was relying on you MLC to give me some ammo to prove that i needed a chip and an exhaust, and yet your hotted up Prado couldn't match mine in the performance stakes on the dunes, tut tut tut.

Cheers Andrew

MidLifeCrisis
09-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Ahem, excuse me! Who was struggling to keep up with who on the border track? I was relying on you MLC to give me some ammo to prove that i needed a chip and an exhaust, and yet your hotted up Prado couldn't match mine in the performance stakes on the dunes, tut tut tut.

Cheers Andrew

LOL
You will recall that my rig and trailer bounced out of the track, an event I can only attribute to the power. You ability to get up was shear skill which I am not too proud to admit far outways mine. But for the power AJ, I would not have Lea's hand prints firmly imbedded in the roof lining as we went a little airborne up an incline :)

I did forget you wanted to compare the chip. I should have waited for you on the bitumen. Ondatboat and 120d4d did witness me handle the Princess highway hills with no effort at all as well as overtake numerous vehicles on the way home.

Madkore
13-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Any details on how you will be able to switch between the two 'tunes' Mitch? Will it literally be hooked up to a button so you can switch on the fly?

MUMSRIG
13-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Any details on how you will be able to switch between the two 'tunes' Mitch? Will it literally be hooked up to a button so you can switch on the fly?

Yep... Exactly that... I've already installed the switch and the wiring is also hooked up.. Just need the software update now... Will be a simple flick the switch for GO...

Madkore
14-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I like..., no wait..., LOVE that idea. Anyone got a spare $2500 so I can do it (chip, exhaust, dyno, switch)?

Is this something Chip-It have done before Mitch or are you the guinea pig (again)?

MUMSRIG
14-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I like..., no wait..., LOVE that idea. Anyone got a spare $2500 so I can do it (chip, exhaust, dyno, switch)?

Is this something Chip-It have done before Mitch or are you the guinea pig (again)?

For the 1KZ we are the guinea pig yet again, however I'm led to believe that it works fine on the D4D variants... No real difference, it's just the software side of it that needs the appropriate programming... Correct me if I'm wrong Rob...

Chip It
17-09-2011, 01:05 AM
its all done now. Justin cracked it. Good boy Justin :)

LargeInAPrado
17-09-2011, 09:13 AM
so mine every 5th or 6th start with the chip switched on will just crank and not fire.... its only ever happened with the chip on ... is this fixed with the new chip?

If so where do i send mine to get a replacement?

Chip It
19-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi LargeInAPrado

Call the office and tell them whats going on. We will need to test the Chip and if needed get you a new one out

Cheers

MidLifeCrisis
19-09-2011, 09:47 PM
so mine every 5th or 6th start with the chip switched on will just crank and not fire.... its only ever happened with the chip on ... is this fixed with the new chip?

If so where do i send mine to get a replacement?

I don't think this is a chip problem. Sinceinstalling my chip I also have the issue BUT only when I don't wait for the coli light to extinguish. Approx every 5-6th start if you just crank it staraight away. NEVER if the coil light goes off. Hope this helps also.

Chip It
20-09-2011, 11:04 AM
also we have seen earthing issues on Toyotas. We have tested a few now and seems to work fine with earthing kit. I have a RAIZIN kit available ... will do it half price. Let me know.

Cheers

barryswanson
20-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Are these issues happening with the 5 volt version?

MidLifeCrisis
20-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Are these issues happening with the 5 volt version?

No, mine is older than that on a 120 and I don't consider it an issue as it forces me to treat the motor as I should. :)

MUMSRIG
19-10-2011, 02:38 AM
its all done now. Justin cracked it. Good boy Justin :)

We are back from our trip now so I will have to chase Justin up and get the software upgraded...

By the way, the chip has performed faultlessly since it was installed, the only issue we had that I thought could be related ended up being a split boost line to the wastegate which caused an overboost situation... Nothing to do with the chip at all. Infact, the EGT was what alerted me to the problem... So the chip actually helped me find the issue!

Cheers

Mitch

MidLifeCrisis
19-10-2011, 03:58 PM
My apologies but someone emailed me recently and I have accidently deleted the email.

If you are interested please email again and I will forward to ChipIT.

Thanks.

MidLifeCrisis
19-10-2011, 03:59 PM
My apologies but someone emailed me recently and I have accidently deleted the email.

If you are interested please email again and I will forward to ChipIT.

Thanks.

Don't forget your details as per the first post! :)

MidLifeCrisis
01-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Ladies & Gents

Given the new rules I am requesting this thread be closed down. However, anyone wanting to see the results of a dyno run should refer to my build up page. The results ARE NOT the maximum achievable, but make me a very happy camper indeed. :)

Anyone wanting a discount should talk directly with the Chip It guys or look out in the member section in case they put something up there.

Finally just want to publiucally thank Justin and the Chip It team for their product and helpfulness.

mlc.

Chip It
20-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Or just contact me through PM or email robert@chipit.com.au

Cheers