PDA

View Full Version : Electric window problem

phil
16-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Has anyone had the windows stop working and the little lights inside the switches start fashing. It has happened a couple times now, just wondering if anyone else has expericed this.Cheers phil.

Piggy
17-06-2007, 02:03 AM
The answer is Yes.

Use the search feature on this forum and you will find at least 2-3 threads on this already and the fixit required.

Trev
27-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Window Problem.
Had this problem fixed this morning.
When the battery is disconnected "sometimes" but not always, the window control from the driver's seat will not operate the power windows on the passenger's side.
To fix the problem you need to have a Toyota dealer re-program the windows.
I had it fixed under warranty but was told if it happened after warranty they may, or may not charge to fix the problem. Personally I think this stinks. Toyota builds a problem into the vehicle then charges you to fix it.
Cheers, Trev

Justo
27-06-2007, 12:03 PM
As Team Piggy said, it's been covered elsewhere on here before.
There's no warranty issue and Toyota should've told you how to fix it. If you read your owners manual it also states how to fix it. Have a read through this thread http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=857 and you will be amazed how easy it is to fix. :lol:

Trev
27-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Just found this solution. I think I'll ring the dealer and tell them how to fix it. Maybe I should charge them.
Cheers, Trev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote
try putting each window down to half way and then up all the way to the top.

Keep your finger on the boutton when it hits the top for a second or two. this will reset the windows.

This usually happens when the battery has been disconected.

Justo
27-06-2007, 12:17 PM
:lol: :lol: Good luck with that.. 8) They should've told you though.!
I've found you don't even have to go halfway down. Just down a bit and up and hold it for the 2secs, and its all go.