PDA

View Full Version : no auto down on windows any more

speedcomm
09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Gday guys, I have noticed this morning the auto down/up function has stopped working on the front power windows ???? any ideas ? this is a bit weird the windows work as normal just wont auto :?

waifamily
09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
i had the same prop usually when the battery has been disconnected.

Try turn ign on then get someone to pull the window switch up (the one that doesnt work) while at the same time you push the corresponding window switch on the drivers side down till the light flashes.

this worked for me sometimes i had to do it several times for it to be fixed.

speedcomm
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Ahhhh I changed the battery earlier in the week !
Cheers I will go out and try it.

Chippy
09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey Speedy

I got a set of instructions for this when I chucked in the air compressor (thanks Stan). It relates to the windows not working properly if the battery has been disconnected so it should work for your situation.

Start the engine. Fully lower the drivers window then raise it. Do the same for each of the other windows (from their local switch - not the driver's master panel). After one complete cycle it should all work properly again.

Good luck

Cheers
Chippy

Justo
09-06-2007, 07:15 PM
You dont have to go all the way down.. just down a little and then back up and hold it for a second or 2. Then it will all work fine. Just to save you 12 secs per window.. :lol:

jeff s
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
It mentions this in the owners manual.
Same as sbove. Go down a bit from the door with the offending window. then up for a few seconds after window closes.
That resets the window settings.

Jeff

speedcomm
10-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Owners manual ??? im male never heard such rot.

Chippy
10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I did it today. I had disconnected the battery to do some electrical work and, when I reconnected it, the auto up/down didn't work.

I tried the bit down, then up - and probably didn't do it properly.

I then went to each window starting with the driver's window - all the way down then all the way up. Everything works fine again.

I don't know why the bit down then up didn't work - maybe (in hindsight) I didn't hold the up switch for a few seconds after the window was shut.

Anyhoo - it works.

... and I'm with Speedy on this one ... I'm a bloke .. "What owner's manual ?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justo
10-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Yep.. you have to hold it up for 2secs after the window reaches the top..!
Slow learners... :roll:

jeff s
11-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Slow learners,,, scheeeesh.
They had to name the town twice. But at least you can call Wagga Wagga Wagga. But you cant call Woy Woy Woy.... :lol:

Chippy
11-06-2007, 06:11 AM
I think I get it ...

http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif http://casas.id.au/animations/hammerhead.gif

Cheers
Chippy

Deeptank
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Damn... Tried all of the above and still no cigar. Will have to get Toyota to have a look at it when next getting it serviced as it's still got factory warranty. If they were to ask for $$$'s for reprogramming a window the guy will be wearing his clipboard up the wahola.

jeff s
13-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Normally this is just a battery thing. Have you had the battery disconnected lately?? Or even just really flat??

Just make sure you do it from each door, not the master switch (drivers door). go down a bit, then up for a few seconds after the window closes. This resets the closing position needed before the remote (drivers door) switch will work
If it is something more then please reply with the reason..
Thanks Deeptank.

Jeff.

Piggy
13-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Make sure the rear window lockoff switch also isnt on at the drivers door.

Deeptank
16-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Jeez, this is driving me nuts... Tried the whole shooting-match and no go! Grrr...

Have tried all windows in rotation - always from the door iteself, not master controls. Down a bit and then holding the switch up for a few seconds and nothing. Have tried holding it up and the master down at the same time and vice versa - nothing. Down half way and up, holding - nothing. Down all the way and up, holding... blah, blah... nothing.

I can only assume it's shot and will have to get Toyota to take a look at the next service. A bit of a pisser to have something so 'simple' go belly-up on a car that otherwise seems (and has been) rock solid.

The window works 100% from the door switch itself, so all the mechanicals as such are all good.

Any more suggestions? Anyone? Please, I beg you all!!! :o

Deeptank
16-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh yeah, the battery has not been disconnected in any way.

Justo
16-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Why not give it a try then... Disconnect it and start from scratch.! Might just be a glitch there somewhere..Hopefully. 8)

Deeptank
16-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Too true mate, too true... Should give that a whirl. Not going to make it any worse, I suppose...! :wink:

plucker
29-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I have just had similar problems to deeptank.
The battery was never disconnected either.
It all happened after my stereo install :oops: started to think what have I done.
Thinking that something had locked up I disconnected the battery both pos and neg and tried again.

My problem had the drivers window operating only but not auto winding down and up. Finger control only.
None of the passenger windows would work either on the drivers control or on the individual switches.
The solution I found was to turn the ignition on whilst holding the drivers window control in the wind up position. After the key in switched to on, wind the window all the way down, then all the way to the top. The auto function will now work on that window!!!
Each window must have the same thing done at that window control, not the master unit on the drivers door.
Passenger rear door needs a long reach.
Once this is completed the drivers control will start working normally again and even with auto.

plucker
29-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh my car is the updated 07 model so maybe they tinkered with the electrics on this model.

Black Prado Chick
29-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I've got to say I am loving Prado Point more and more lately..... Tonight we disconnected our winch control box because we have to send it back to get repaired and all a sudden we had no auto down on all the windows so I was stressing thinking something major had happened, but thanks to this thread the problem has been solved! :D

plucker
30-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I've got to say I am loving Prado Point more and more lately..... Tonight we disconnected our winch control box because we have to send it back to get repaired and all a sudden we had no auto down on all the windows so I was stressing thinking something major had happened, but thanks to this thread the problem has been solved! :D
I did try the other methods mentioned in other threads but had nothing but grief. The way I mentioned above was the only way I could get it to work.
Did you have the same experience BPC, since you have a later model car?

Black Prado Chick
30-12-2008, 09:41 PM
The only other method we tried was checking all the fuses and they were all fine so I started stressing til I found this thread and tried it and it worked straight away with no dramas.

Piggy
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Mine does it both ways. had it do it today, and just wound it up and held it, all good again. It also works by holding them down too.

ntp
07-06-2009, 07:06 PM
We recent had some electrical work done on our car. But only the other day, my wife went to use one of the passenger power windows and discovered that none of them now worked from the driver's controller. My wife initially thought she might have done something wrong and was trying to work it out herself before telling me of the problem.

After she told me, I quickly recalled this thread. Remembering how simple the solution was, I made the comment, "Hopefully I can fix it or it'll be another trip to the auto electrician".

Making sure that she knew I was going to go out to look at the car, I walked outside with a stern and determined look on my face before discretely adjusting each of the passenger windows (as previously described in this thread) without letting her see exactly how simple the remedy was. I then called SWMBO outside to check the windows and my handy work. Voila - perfect.

"How did you fix it?", she asked. "Pradopoint secret", I said with a cheeky smile. Another point to me. :wink: :D :D

Madkore
08-06-2009, 01:49 PM
So how many points does that put you behind now ntpryce?

:lol:

dads prado
15-08-2009, 05:55 PM
hello everyone
i'm having a similar problem as i can't wind down the drivers side rear window using drivers control panel. i have recently had the door replaced due to it being smashed in . the window works using the actual door control. i have tried resetting as the manual says but nothing.all other windows work fine off drivers panel. i contacted toyota & they said to lower each window and hold down for 3 seconds & up & hold for 3 seconds starting with drivers then each door clockwise around car but still nothing.
appreciate any help on this one

wes
11-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Yet again this site has been helpful in resolving a problem and without the wife finding out... :roll:

began to upgrade the factory front speakers with some pioneer 6x9's i had from previous car.
mounted the front left and then had to go and get eldest one from preschool..
put door back together only to find auto function non-responsive...

used search function and problem resolved without wife and the wiser :)

bilo33prado
08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Yet again this site has been helpful in resolving a problem and without the wife finding out... :roll:

began to upgrade the factory front speakers with some pioneer 6x9's i had from previous car.
mounted the front left and then had to go and get eldest one from preschool..
put door back together only to find auto function non-responsive...

used search function and problem resolved without wife and the wiser :)

Same same. Installed Stebel Horns today and drivers auto window was not working. All fixed now :mrgreen:

FlyingBushPig
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Thankyou thankyou Pradopoint!

I hope I'm not jinxing myself but the window thing has happened to me recently. After I found I had a car alarm, I turned it on and SWMBO was blaming me for this silly alarm I should've never touched.
After reading this thread it seems it was probably the mechanic who disconnected the batt when replacing the starter motor the day before. Will try to fix tomorrow.
You may have saved me :D :D :D :D

FlyingBushPig
09-02-2010, 07:10 PM
All fixed :D
Now I can have my windows working and my alarm on!

For future reference, my '06 model had the drivers window working only when finger was on the button/lever. No other windows were working at all.
Fixed using the ignition/lever up thing on each window individually.

SWMBO got a side comment regarding what a cheap fix this one was... :wink:

KybraBoss
24-02-2010, 06:13 PM
the official instruction from my local toyota mechanic is to start with all windows in the up postion.
go around to each window control hold the button in the down postion as the window travels down and hold it for three seconds once it's all the way down then lift it up and wait the three seconds once it's all the way up as well to reset the limiters which work out where the window is, once you have done this to all windows the main controller on the drivers side will operate

plucker
24-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Initially with my problem, none of the other individual controls would work. Even the main control panel didn't operate the passenger windows. They just were not opening.
So this piece of Toyota's advice would have failed for me.

FlyingBushPig
25-02-2010, 07:57 AM
it was the same for me Plucker.

anvarpb
30-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks Prado pioint...

This thread has helped me as well in resolving the issue with my windows control from driver seat side.

Cheers for the help

Anvar

weasal4x4
30-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Now i find this thread! It's happened twice to me where the windows would not work at all except for the drivers side (and not auto). The next day the rear driver side starting working on it's own but not the passenger's side windows. I ended up taking it to the local 4wd shop and he chucked the computer on it and manually opened and closed the windows which seemed to fix the problems. There needs to be a favourite's section where you can store your favourite threads so it's easier to find them when you need them. Atleast i won't have to go and annoy the 4wd shop next time.

Spike1
14-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks Pradopoint, problem fixed in 5 minutes on internet & 2 minutes in Prado.
Ours also had all the little lights flashing on each door switch, but same fix worked.
had battery disconected after fitting HIDs headlight, these are great & easy to fit.

thanks again :D

bogan83
18-08-2010, 11:43 PM
winner winner winner... Cheers for the advice all. Had the car less than a week before I stated pulling it apart an thought i'd broke it already. Way more electrics than my old troopies or 105 standard cruiser!

Kaosad
21-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi guys, as a newby on Pradopoint, I may be able to help. I was (up until last year ) a Toyota mechanic for 8 years. All you need to do to get auto windows working again is go to each window (Whilst ignition is in the "on" position) and cycle each window all the way down and all the way up once, ensuring you hold the button in the up position for at least a 2 seconds, then release it. As someone earlier mentioned, the little led light in the window switch should then stay on solid. (Although it can be fairly hard to see as it isn't very bright) Your windows then should work on auto again. As mentioned earlier, the battery being disconnected can be the main cause, but also tinkering with the audio sysytem or other circuits can trigger the same thing. Hope this helps...

yngveny
24-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Same thing happened to mine today after replacing the battery.
Luckily I remembered reading this post earlier, everything is reset and working fine now :D

Gingerbeer
17-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Saved by Prado Point (again) :D
Didn't even disconnect battery, just took off the tightening nut, to add yet another connection (for stebel horn). No auto down on drivers widow.
SWMBO says "you should be taking it to the auto electrician............."

Remembered that there was a related topic , did a search that actually worked and voila!! :!:

Malcur
09-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank you Pradopoint.

I had the battery replaced a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the driver side controller no longer operated the passenger windows. A quick search on Pradopoint, and this thread turned up. The fix worked perfectly. Thank you.

Mal :D :D

MidLifeCrisis
16-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Yep, I was a victim to this also. Was thinking of getting it checked by the Toyota guys but one less trip and no waste of time. Thanks to all and I will be doing this tonight. Gotta love this network!!! :D

boyo
17-12-2010, 07:25 AM
my drivers window hs gone down and will not come back up.
I have tried the 'hold the button for x seconds' and the 'turn ignition on while holding window button up' but no change. The LED on the drivers window button is flashing while all others are steady. I hear ther motor click when I press the down button but silence when the button is lifted up. I reckon I'm up for either a controller or motorbut how do I know which to get?

Piggy
17-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Sounds more like it may have jammed? Have you checked the tracks and runners? Thats what I would be doing first.

With the trim off you should be able to disconnect the glass form the drive as well to test that.

boyo
21-12-2010, 12:43 PM
no, it's not jammed. It motored down ok. I've pulled out the glass and checked all the connections. Just doesn't want to come back up.

hisham saeed
02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
i took my prado yasterday for a detailed car wash , tried all the switches after finishing , all works fine, went home for a couple of hours , wanted to enjoy her tiddy and clean and hoops :shock: right rear window won't go up from the main control at driver door , it only goes down, but works fine from the rear right door, shall i wait for a day or two (perhaps whatever they used a dropp went down at the switch) or does it need to be repaired?

hisham

OFFDAZE
03-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Dont need to push drivers switch down Just put the windows down and hold switch up few seconds after window hits the top

hisham saeed
04-01-2011, 01:04 AM
did that , not working , yet all windows are fine , i guess i 'll have to look into the switch tomorow and give it a blow of air
thanks anyway
hisham

hisham saeed
10-01-2011, 06:13 PM
well , i disconceted the battery, reprogrammed the windos, still not working , so i decided to take the swtiches panel off, found nothing all was dry , i put it all together, still not working , any advise before getting new one, i know it is a minor thing but dont know why it is anoying me that much.

would apperciate any thoughts, ideas
hisham

boyo
24-01-2011, 12:55 PM
drivers window stuck down:
I changed the complete switch panel (controls all 4 windows) and now all OK.
Toyota wanted $600+gst for a switch, I got a genuine Toyota one, brand new in packing, from a supplier in Newcastle for $315, posted straight away, fitted next morning.

ATaylor
24-02-2011, 08:40 AM
When you disconnect the batterys, the master controller looses the memory of where the windows are. If you look at the drivers door you will see that the window switches flash. if you simply work the windows from each door once up and down it resets and the master controller (drivers door) and it will work fine.

Hope this helps.

bilko
27-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks guys, just got car back from auto elec and had this exact problem with drivers side window, you just saved me a fair bit of cash. Problem solved.

ondaboat
25-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks Chippy (06/09/2007 post) & Prado Point
Disconnected my battery today & back windows didnt work from drivers control.
Did what Chippy said n all ok
Cheers Again
Adam

jeff s
29-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Toyota wanted $600+gst for a switch, I got a genuine Toyota one, brand new in packing, from a supplier in Newcastle for $315, posted straight away, fitted next morning.

So that problem is not your usual battery disconnect. flat battery story.. Was there actually something wrong with the switches?? Unfortunate, but glad you got to the bottom of it,,

Jeff.

paul2
17-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Hey Boyo, that's a great price, who was ya supplier...if ya don't mind me askin? Paul

1coolbanana
17-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread (or should I?) and coudnt find anything on the subject so here goes.

Can someone tell me how to remove the drivers door trim?
Im noticing the drivers window is getting really slow compared to the rest, seems to be under strain, I suppose its being the most used.
I d like to get in there and clean/lube up whatever may be needed before it becomes overstrained and goes bad.

Any tips on what should be lubricated, cleaned etc, what to use and how to get things apart please?
cheers

Dunpra
04-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi, have been searching through PP and have not been able to find what the two flashes mean on the master control for the drivers window(all other lights stay solid, just the drivers window is flashing twice). Have replaced the unit and reset all other windows (which work great now as they didn't before). But the drivers window went down and stayed down (no matter how many times I "reset" the master switch). I used the old master switch unit to "hot wire" the drivers window to get it to go back up. Put the replacement master switch in drivers window went down, but did not go back up????

any ideas about what the two flashes mean?

Cheers

mackayvx
11-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Hey there Dunpra.. These two flashes you are talking about have done my head in for the last 12 months. Did a battery change and whammo drivers window wouldnt work and switch flashing twice. All other windows were working fine! I tried the old up and down hold reset trick 100 times, disconnected and reconnected the battery 100 times and I gave up. the poor missus was driving around for the last 12 months with out a drivers window. I took the car to the local auto elec and he spent 3 hours looking at the car and couldnt find the fault... he said ' It must be the mother board or sumthin...' thats why i never booked it in to get fixed - i was scared of the bill i was going to be served with. Eventually (last week) I book it into the Toyota dealer in mackay. I picked it up at the end of the day and told me the bill was $28.50... geez I nearly fell over... It was a f#*!ing fuse!!!! So not saying every window controller that flashes twice will have the same fix but check your fuse box that is next to your fuel & bonnet pull levers - under the steering wheel.... Im not sure what fuse it was but it was one of them in there!!! Good luck mate - I hope it fixes ya as no one on PP could help me when I had the problem.

Tim79w
03-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Fantastic! this thread saved my sanity!
I just had my 120 Prado windows tinted yesterday at the local ARB dealer in Goulburn, pretty ruff job they did btw! but the main problem was that the Auto function did not work on the drivers window and i could not open or close the rear RH window. so i took it back to them on the way home from work. the pulled the drivers switch box to pieces and the put it back in and said that the switches where stuffed and I would have to by new ones. Not his problem! he got upset for bringing a broken car to him and then blaming him for it not working. so a little frustrated i came home jump on here and low and behold found all the info to reset my windows! they now work perfectly!! just hope the switch does not play up after he pulled it apart! Thought a ARB FWD shop would know a bit more about the vehicles they work on! lucky for me you guys do know! keep up the good work!

jagjot
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
my driver side window is down & does not come up. Tried disconnecting the battery & then resetting all the windows several times, all windows works fine except the driver one. Keeps on flashing. Can someone suggest any new idea? Thanks in advance.

DaveHAT
07-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Second post and sorry to appear a negative Neville but ... we've just purchased our 07 GXL and the power windows are being all emotional like most mentioned in this thread.

Done the reset procedure more times than I care to remember in the hope of getting the driver's door auto up/down to function correctly, disconnected the battery almost as many times and yet ... NOTTA, NYET, ZILCH ... still flashes with the others working.

In preference to spending money uncecassarily on a window unit, going to Toyota for a lube free reaming, can anyone who's been in a similar position advise on the most recommended course of action please?

Thanks Dave.

Oh & hi again! :)

mackayvx
07-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Second post and sorry to appear a negative Neville but ... we've just purchased our 07 GXL and the power windows are being all emotional like most mentioned in this thread.

Done the reset procedure more times than I care to remember in the hope of getting the driver's door auto up/down to function correctly, disconnected the battery almost as many times and yet ... NOTTA, NYET, ZILCH ... still flashes with the others working.

In preference to spending money uncecassarily on a window unit, going to Toyota for a lube free reaming, can anyone who's been in a similar position advise on the most recommended course of action please?

Thanks Dave.

Oh & hi again! :)

if it flashes twice- check the fuse... read my post above!

DaveHAT
07-07-2012, 08:30 PM
if it flashes twice- check the fuse... read my post above!

Sorry ... meant to mention, did that too after reading your post.

result unchanged unfortunately.

muzza_
05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Disconnected battery today to fit my winch then drivers window switch was flashing and no auto down on drivers window all the others were fine. did the reset procedure as mentioned in this thread and i'm back in business. Saved myself a trip to the Auto Elec :)

frsanuae
27-09-2012, 03:16 PM
hey, i replaced the battery few days ago and all windows are working normally after reprogramming them except the driver's window

1st the auto was working but when they window fully shut it goes down about 2-3 inches by its self (like there is something blocking the way)

after few ours the program of the driver's window canceled by it self, i reprogram it and it worked oki for not long time, then the programming keeps going away and have to reprogram it every now and then (it stays about 30 minz and cancel by it self)

any idea what would be the problem and what can i do?

cheers
Saif A.

Rusty Olds
07-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi, I have a 2008 GRJ120 and have an issue with the elec windows.

Yesterday I installed a higher wattage fridge plug into the rear cargo bay which involved wiring direct to the battery. I ran the wires down the right side and through the firewall with no problems and connected it up all fine. But now the elec window control on the drivers door will only operate the drivers door window, secondly the other door windows all work via their individual switches but the auto function on those does not work. I have obviously bumped a plug or wire but which one?

I had this same issue 18 months ago when I ran the brake controller wiring for the boat trailer. A bit of fiddling and the window issue fixed itself back then. Now I know that I could just keep wiggling wires until it fixes itself but I would rather know where to look now and in the future.

Thanks for any ideas you guys might have.

Octane94
07-04-2013, 10:55 AM
This happens whenever you disconnect the battery.

go to each window and wind them up all the way and hold the button up for about 5 seconds,

then it should work from drivers control

GTX
07-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Have you tried the procedure for fixing the window auto when you have disconnected the battery or have a flat battery?
Octane beat me to it!!

Rusty Olds
07-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Yep Octane has it in one. Fixed it in about 30 seconds. This is something that I was not aware of and now it makes sense as to how it fixed itself last time. Thanks for the info, something to keep in the old brain box for when the battery dies.

Thanks

Octane94
07-04-2013, 10:51 PM
beat you by 1 min gtx haha

GTX
08-04-2013, 12:12 AM
If only PP had a big fat raspberry emoticon!!

amts
08-04-2013, 12:16 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/happy/raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif

GTX
08-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Love your work amts!

GTX
28-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Had to check back here again.
Got my door fixed that got caught in the wind and thought I was doing it right, and I mostly was, after a quick reread and holding my tounge a slightly different way ~ hey presto! my auto works again :-)

Morkw
23-07-2013, 01:05 PM
As echo'ed here, many thanks to PP members. This morning coming into work the drivers window went down, and gues what, wouldn't come back up! Tried the reset methods, tried the fuse. The led was flashing only on the drivers door. When you pushed down you could here the motor clicking but nothing for up. $355 later for a new (seconhand) master switch problem solved. Dodgy switch. Glad Justoyota in Moorabbin could help and quick and helpful too. They even let me try it first. Moral of the story - use Pradopoint, rule out the easy stuff before you fork out dollars. Just didn't work that way for me.

Keep up the good work

Graz
27-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Ahh had to find this post again today to fix my windows.
Might just leave my drivers button flashing as i hate the auto mode on

shakergt351
05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
I cleaned mine with electrical contact cleaner work fine now

RutHunter
03-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Is there something I am doing wrong? Can you guys please help?

My rear passenger window will not go down. It used to work and yes the battery has been disconnected a few times. After re-connecting the battery I did the hold up on all the windows and they are all good with auto function and working fine except that one window that has the button flashing twice like others have had in this thread.

I have checked the fuse as instructed. There are only 3 yellow fuses under the steering wheel for the pwindows. Checked them all, swapped them all.

I have held the button up while long reaching over and turning the ignition on still holding the button for 5 seconds. This did not help.

I popped out the button and checked it with the other window on the other side and it works fine, so I put it back.

I completely disconnected both batteries and did the whole lot again.

I am not sure if I am missing something in this thread after reading it 3 times?

Any ideas PLEASE!

Piggy
03-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Mine only reset when holding them down not up.

RutHunter
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks, but I tried that too. Did you just hold it down at the door and turn the key?

Way2go
04-10-2013, 05:58 PM
As echo'ed here, many thanks to PP members. This morning coming into work the drivers window went down, and gues what, wouldn't come back up! Tried the reset methods, tried the fuse. The led was flashing only on the drivers door. When you pushed down you could here the motor clicking but nothing for up. $355 later for a new (seconhand) master switch problem solved. Dodgy switch. Glad Justoyota in Moorabbin could help and quick and helpful too. They even let me try it first. Moral of the story - use Pradopoint, rule out the easy stuff before you fork out dollars. Just didn't work that way for me.

Keep up the good work

Have the same problem - drivers door window went down on the second last day of our outback trip (first wet day of the trip) and wouldn't go back up. Finally found an auto electrician who got it back up, and Toyota yesterday confirmed it was the master switch. Now looking for a replacement - not from Toyota at over $600! Interestingly, the problem manifested itself just after I'd driven under a car park height warning bar and collected the scooter tyres on the roof (and the engine stalled). SWMBO is still trying to say the two things are related....

Piggy
04-10-2013, 06:33 PM
I just hold mine down when driving along.. The rears stayed flashing for two weeks till I had someone in the back press and hold it down. Worked every time.

RutHunter
10-10-2013, 02:05 PM
thanks, I tried that last night while driving held it down, held it up, at the door, and at the drivers door, no joy. Any other ideas anyone? Light still flashing twice.

Magno
07-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Yet another 120 owner who HAD this problem, but it is now solved, thanks to PradoPoint!

Just bought my 120 last week, and the only real issue I had with it was the windows not being controllable from the driver's side.
Followed the instructions in this thread, and now all windows work as expected. Thanks PradoPoint!
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but if the windows need reprogramming, then the lights under the switches of the offending doors will flash. Mine did this, but after reprogramming, they lights stay on.

Funny thing is, the dealer whom I bought the car from is, as we speak, trying to order a replacement key pad after my complaints, and I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear that I solved it myself, at no cost to them.
According to the dealer, it would cost SEK18,000 (Swedish krona) = AUD 2,700 for an original Toyota replacement, but they said they would try to find an alternative supplier in Australia, since the LC is immensely popular there (It's a pretty rare (and expensive) car here in Sweden), which is what lead me to PradoPoint.

Thanks again, and I'm sure the dealer will be pretty damn thankful too, once he hears that it's no longer an issue!

footoo
07-11-2013, 07:51 AM
thanks, I tried that last night while driving held it down, held it up, at the door, and at the drivers door, no joy. Any other ideas anyone? Light still flashing twice.

I think you only need to partially operate the switch, not push it all the way as you would using the auto function.

RutHunter
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Tried partially holding it down but still notdoing the trick. from this forum I can see that if the switch is flashing twice (which it is) then it should be a fuse. I have checked and replaced the fuse and still no go, it still just wont come down at all. Unless there is another location for the rear passenger powere window fuse other than under the steering column? I know the drivers is under the bonnet.

Crokus
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks PP, put the windows all the way down then up and wacko got control back from the drivers side controls ��

peril
03-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Did you try rebooting it? ie. disconnect the battery and start the procedure from scratch again.

From memory Roos procedure which worked for me was.

Ignition on, driver side down half way, ignition off.
Ignition on, drivers side up and hold for 12 secs.
Next door passenger behind driver, down halfway then up and hold for 5 sec.
Next door passenger left rear, down halfway then up and hold for 5 sec.
Next door passenger, down halfway then up and hold for 5 sec.

Ignition off.

Ignition on and test it.

That worked for me.

Peter.Rocks
05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
I did it by fluke, just open and close each window from there switch, then it should work after, I've done it twice

Slarps
02-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks heaps guys. Wife was freaking out because we just got the prado and the rear drivers door wouldn't go down from master control. Checked here and it was easily fixed. Need to remember this if I ever disconnect the battery again.

RutHunter
11-02-2014, 02:25 PM
switch is fine
Tried partially holding it down but still notdoing the trick. from this forum I can see that if the switch is flashing twice (which it is) then it should be a fuse. I have checked and replaced the fuse and still no go, it still just wont come down at all. Unless there is another location for the rear passenger powere window fuse other than under the steering column? I know the drivers is under the bonnet.

Well I think short of pulling the door apart to check the actual motor I think I have tried everything on this forum to get the rear passenger window to work. After installing Toyota techstream on my win 7 laptop I can actually move all the windows up and down from the computer but not the rear passenger window. The switch is fine on the door as I used the it on the opposite door. There is power to the switch and the switch is still flashing twice. It either now has to be the a problem in the door or maybe on the drivers main switch on the door? If anyone has any more ideas before I pull the door apart?

Razorback81
11-02-2014, 02:53 PM
wind the windows all the way down with their own switch
then wind them back up and hold for a count of 5

RutHunter
11-02-2014, 03:11 PM
thats the problem razorback81 that window does not go down at all.

jcsmsmith
11-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you need to pull the door trim off and have a look ,sounds like the motor has packed it in if you can hear noise coming from the inside when you try to use it. When you do this try and plug the switch back on with the trim off and try the window you may see what's happening.

ntp
27-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Love this thread.

Wife recently had battery changed in Prado... and had to use the windows a week or so later... no up/down.

Contacts me urgently saying something wrong with the Prado. I say I'll try and look at it when I get home. She's worried she's broken something or that car will need repairs.

I work my (Pradopoint) magic and viola, car fixed. She asked, "How did you do that? ". "Pradopoint magic", I reply.

Fortunately, she had forgotten when I had previously milked my 'technical' prowess last time.

We recent had some electrical work done on our car. But only the other day, my wife went to use one of the passenger power windows and discovered that none of them now worked from the driver's controller. My wife initially thought she might have done something wrong and was trying to work it out herself before telling me of the problem.

After she told me, I quickly recalled this thread. Remembering how simple the solution was, I made the comment, "Hopefully I can fix it or it'll be another trip to the auto electrician".

Making sure that she knew I was going to go out to look at the car, I walked outside with a stern and determined look on my face before discretely adjusting each of the passenger windows (as previously described in this thread) without letting her see exactly how simple the remedy was. I then called SWMBO outside to check the windows and my handy work. Voila - perfect.

"How did you fix it?", she asked. "Pradopoint secret", I said with a cheeky smile. Another point to me. :D :D

Jeff.C
27-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Ahhhh I changed the battery earlier in the week !
Cheers I will go out and try it.Just try putting each window down at the individual windows switch full down full up I have found that they lose their memory hope this works.

Ian Reid
27-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I had this issue at work last week after a battery terminal problem. Fortunately i was at the mechanics workshop when it failed. He checked windows and auto up / down didnt work.
The secret to reprogramming them is to wind window all the way down and hold button in down position for a couple of seconds after it reaches its limit. Then wind window up and hold button in up position for a couple of seconds after it reaches its limits. This may need to be done on all doors as sometimes the control is lost from drivers controls to other doors. One window we had to do in reverse for some reason. Couldnt work that one out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chaddy93
03-03-2014, 01:50 PM
I had to re program mine, put all your windows up. say for example its the front passengers. get someone to stand at the drivers door where u can control all 4. in unicen, you and your helper will put the desired window down halfway. you both need to be pressing buttons. put it down half way, then both pull the buttons up to put the window up. once the windows up hold the buttons up and count a few mississippis then let go, try putting the window down from the drivers door should work.

RutHunter
10-03-2014, 07:51 PM
switch is fine

Well I think short of pulling the door apart to check the actual motor I think I have tried everything on this forum to get the rear passenger window to work. After installing Toyota techstream on my win 7 laptop I can actually move all the windows up and down from the computer but not the rear passenger window. The switch is fine on the door as I used the it on the opposite door. There is power to the switch and the switch is still flashing twice. It either now has to be the a problem in the door or maybe on the drivers main switch on the door? If anyone has any more ideas before I pull the door apart?

Well I finally had time to pull the door apart and get into where the motor is. I checked all the wiring and with the ignition on and a voltage meter I checked that current was getting to to the motor itself and it was. moving the switch up and down was showing current each time so it had to be the motor. I then undid the 4 bolts that hold the motor structure in and slid it off the rail and took it out (very easy). I was going to pull it apart but it all looked so new still. So I plugged the wiring to it and got my 4 year old son to hold the button down while I gave it a small tap with the hammer. As soon as I tapped it, it started working again. I think it was stuck hard at the top of the cycle. I took the battery terminal off and reset it and all the other windows again so that it would not get stuck again.
Anyway though I should post this so that if anyone else has trouble like this they can give it a go. thanks for everyone's help.

Wal01
04-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Well I finally had time to pull the door apart and get into where the motor is. I checked all the wiring and with the ignition on and a voltage meter I checked that current was getting to to the motor itself and it was. moving the switch up and down was showing current each time so it had to be the motor. I then undid the 4 bolts that hold the motor structure in and slid it off the rail and took it out (very easy). I was going to pull it apart but it all looked so new still. So I plugged the wiring to it and got my 4 year old son to hold the button down while I gave it a small tap with the hammer. As soon as I tapped it, it started working again. I think it was stuck hard at the top of the cycle. I took the battery terminal off and reset it and all the other windows again so that it would not get stuck again.
Anyway though I should post this so that if anyone else has trouble like this they can give it a go. thanks for everyone's help.

Battery disconnected and same issue with the windows not working. Just used the method of holding each individual window control up and down for a few second after it had reached the winders limits. It worked. Great tip. Drivers control now operating all windows remotely

Anth120playdo
04-04-2014, 10:00 AM
So does anyone know why TOYOTA do this?

awwricecracker
04-04-2014, 10:03 AM

I wonder if a royal slam of the door would solve this issue too..

RutHunter
04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
I wonder if a royal slam of the door would solve this issue too..

ha ha maybe if you can hold the button down at the same time.

It actually happened again, this time i just popped out the switch/ashtray plastic piece and put a screwdriver inside and tapped the door behind where the motor sits while holding down the switch and it started working again. Guessing I should eventually change that motor.

I tried wacking the door first but no joy.

Raato
31-08-2014, 08:19 PM
I had my driver's seat taken off and repaired (battery disconnected). Since that any other window than driver's window hasn't worked. Not from driver's door switch nor door in question...can someone please do step-by-step instructions to fix this problem?

Raato
02-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Ok, problem solved. I'll do step-by-step instructions, here we go:

1. Discover problem. If you searched for this solution, it's probably about windows not moving. My problem was that any other window except driver's didn't work. Not from door itself or driver's door. It's not about fuses or any other reasonable issue.
2. Bang your head on the wall for few moments. Or days. Maybe drop a tear or two.
3. One sunny morning, accidentally press that "lock windows" button on drivers door to unlock door switches. :o
4. Engine running, roll window half way down, then up and hold for few seconds. Try if auto up/down works. If not, roll down and up again. Then same thing for next window. After every door done, driver's switches will work again!
5. Smile and try to convince yourself you're not so stupid after all. Yea right.

And as a bonus, here is a picture of my car, 2005 Land Cruiser J120: